• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we done NPCs yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we done NPCs yet?

That's Non-Playable Characters for you soyboys and girls.

What are NPCs and why has Twitter banned them? | The Week UK
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

The NPC versions “mocks leftists as expressionless in appearance and bot-like in behaviour”, says far-right website Breitbart News
    Breitbart is a hyperbolic tabloid of quite dubious quality but "far right"? They lampoon themselves.

Comment

The NPC meme fits neatly into this narrative and offers Trump’s online supporters an easy shorthand way to paint liberals as humorless prudes” while they present themselves “in the language of freethinking rationality”, says Roose.

There is some humour in here - the people who make the NPC's are presenting themselves as freethinking rationalist

Where as the ones who did not have the gumption to make up something like NPC's are now well seemingly jealous of those that did.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        Breitbart is a hyperbolic tabloid of quite dubious quality but "far right"? They lampoon themselves.

Anything to the right of Stalin is far right these days.

Read this in the Independent earlier:

Catherine Blaiklock, who is standing on behalf of the far-right, Eurosceptic party in Great Yarmouth, has said she wants to be the “new face” of Ukip.
        FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Anything to the right of Stalin is far right these days.

Read this in the Independent earlier:

FFS!
          Well given that UKIP have been courting the DFLA and Tommy Robinson recently I think it's probably a reasonably accurate label.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Well given that UKIP have been courting the DFLA and Tommy Robinson recently I think it's probably a reasonably accurate label.
            Given that the Tories are just Blair II, if you're a genuine conservative then there's nowhere else to go. Anything right of centre is far right these days.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
            X