• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour using NDA's to stop their staff discussing workplace harrassment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour using NDA's to stop their staff discussing workplace harrassment.

I wonder if someone were to harrass a colleague by telling a joke about the sexual use of gags, and the victim had signed such and NDA, whether that would be gag gag gag.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I wonder if someone were to harrass a colleague by telling a joke about the sexual use of gags, and the victim had signed such and NDA, whether that would be gag gag gag.

Gagging for it?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was forced to sign an NDA by an organisation I used to work for as a permie. I was bullied at work, raised a grievance, which was glossed over by HR, I started proceedings to take the organisation to an employment tribunal and they came to a settlement before the case got to the tribunal hearing and their legal department, as part of the settlement, forced me to sign a NDA. I now wonder about the legality of this NDA, as I am pretty sure my then line manager, whom the original complaint was about, has already broken the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        I was forced to sign an NDA by an organisation I used to work for as a permie. I was bullied at work, raised a grievance, which was glossed over by HR, I started proceedings to take the organisation to an employment tribunal and they came to a settlement before the case got to the tribunal hearing and their legal department, as part of the settlement, forced me to sign a NDA. I now wonder about the legality of this NDA, as I am pretty sure my then line manager, whom the original complaint was about, has already broken the agreement.
        You didn't have to accept the settlement though, did you? So you weren't exactly "forced". When I was offered a great deal of money to quietly go, I weighed up the benefits of that against being unable to complain further, and possible justice towards and public humiliation of certain people in management. I took the money. Fun fact - the managers' careers were over, since their stupidity had cost the company quite a bit.

If the line manager has broken the agreement, you can take civil action against him. But it doesn't give you the right to break the NDA. (If the NDA is otherwise legal).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X