Which one of you is this? Times report on private sector IR35 Which one of you is this? Times report on private sector IR35 - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 61 to 64 of 64

More time posting than coding

DeludedKitten is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    My prediction: Private sector clients will blanket deem all contracts to be inside IR35 as the HR risk assessment will demand it. Some clients will increase the rate to compensate. Both as already seen in the public sector.
    The consultation response highlgihts that while there is a penalty for the end client if they make an outside declaration that is proved wrong, there is no penalty for a case where they make an inside declaration and that is wrong. There is no real right of appeal and nothing to make sure that there is a duty of care that the statute says should exist.

Perhaps the Finance Act will provide a penalty and a decent appeal mechanism to encourage companies from making those assessments. At the moment there is little incentive for clients to do things properly.
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMirror View Post
    If they had asked you, they would assume we all live in Some god foresaken Swindon hell hole and keep all our money in gold bars under the bed.
    FTFY

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    The consultation response highlgihts that while there is a penalty for the end client if they make an outside declaration that is proved wrong, there is no penalty for a case where they make an inside declaration and that is wrong. There is no real right of appeal and nothing to make sure that there is a duty of care that the statute says should exist.

Perhaps the Finance Act will provide a penalty and a decent appeal mechanism to encourage companies from making those assessments. At the moment there is little incentive for clients to do things properly.

No surprise if the government will only enforce a penalty where an outside determination is wrong. Same as with blanket inside determinations there will be just shoulders shrugged. Inside means they get the tax and they'll make the rules so everyone is inside one way or another.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Contractor Among Contractors

GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Inside means they get the tax and they'll make the rules so everyone is inside one way or another.
    That is what concerns me. All these posts "I am alright - everyone will be caught except me" are worrying. Though expected.