• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is wearing poppy direction control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    Given this was in general, this was a joke......I hope...
    Have a look at the posters other questions then....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Wear a white one and see what happens.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Wear a white one and see what happens.
        Oh. Confrontational. I like it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          given the location of that photo I hope they're fireproof poppies.....

Too soon????
          I live about half a mile away from there as the crow flies (or attempts to) and it’s fine with me

Mind you, I don’t know anything about football. Some of the locals seem to take it very seriously…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I live about half a mile away from there as the crow flies (or attempts to) and it’s fine with me

Mind you, I don’t know anything about football. Some of the locals seem to take it very seriously…
            Most Leicester supporters know nothing about coding. However they say you take it very seriously.

Comment

Put your poppy on (and contribute some of your tax-avoided pay to the cause) and stop whining like a bitch.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
                Hi

Can employer make me wear poppy for commemoration?

Would this be considered d&c?
                This is a really tricky one, I suggest you call the HMRC help line, give them all your details and ask them to investigate this one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Put your poppy on (and contribute some of your tax-avoided pay to the cause) and stop whining like a bitch.
                  Exactly!

Putting charity aside, it is sometimes better to comply with the silly workplace requests, e.g. being asked to wear a badge reading "I love my job", being asked to sign a "He for She" commitment, being asked to ring a bell when a contract is won, being asked to reverse park in the car park. Why bother to moan about the little things that don't really mater that much?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    stop whining like a bitch.
                    Everything else was superfluous - thought I'd fix it for you.

As usual, no charge.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling View Post
                      Exactly!

Putting charity aside, it is sometimes better to comply with the silly workplace requests, e.g. being asked to wear a badge reading "I love my job", being asked to sign a "He for She" commitment, being asked to ring a bell when a contract is won, being asked to reverse park in the car park. Why bother to moan about the little things that don't really mater that much?
                      Because over time they add up, and eventually matter a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X