• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is wearing poppy direction control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My client is selling them in the canteen, so I am wearing one for the next 10 days.
    If they weren't selling them I wouldn't, as there is a political aspect to poppy wearing, and I don't think you should bring politics into the office.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      My client is selling them in the canteen, so I am wearing one for the next 10 days.
      If they weren't selling them I wouldn't, as there is a political aspect to poppy wearing, and I don't think you should bring politics into the office.
      I don't really understand this. Doesn't matter where you buy it, it still a political aspect and you are wearing it in the office so a bit of a contradiction surely? I think you mean anything else that isn't as widely accepted? Like you massive I love Corbyn rosette at election time for example.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I don't really understand this. Doesn't matter where you buy it, it still a political aspect and you are wearing it in the office so a bit of a contradiction surely? I think you mean anything else that isn't as widely accepted? Like you massive I love Corbyn rosette at election time for example.
        My point is that the client brought the poppies into the company - I merely bought it from the seller from inside the company. So the poppy is in a sense client-endorsed.

Comment

Working...
        X