• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client is providing a detailed day agenda for contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Couple of things pee me off with certain contractors

1. They assume they can work from home when they want.
    2. Get arse in hand when client actually ensures they're getting something for the money.

Not being funny but usually moaning and whining about things like this usually lead to a much more flexible daily agenda including jeremy kyle, cracking one off, then watching loose women (i.e. given the boot from contract).
    Well yes they should be able to work where they please just like any other business in partnership with any other business. It's a business contract to complete a project. Perm are told what they can and can't do. Contractors are given projects and left to it with milestones to prove they are doing the work and to spec. It's idiots like you who HMRC would love to check your IR35 contract

Comment

Joey, you ever been in a cockpit before?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
        Well yes they should be able to work where they please just like any other business in partnership with any other business. It's a business contract to complete a project. Perm are told what they can and can't do. Contractors are given projects and left to it with milestones to prove they are doing the work and to spec. It's idiots like you who HMRC would love to check your IR35 contract
        Im fine thank you. In an ideal world yes but not all client are like this. Contractors who kick off and moan give everyone else a bad name.

So client takes you on for a project based in x location. There may be no remote access. Client may actually need you to speak to and interact with people at location x. You moan and say you're working from home = end of gig sharpish.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
          Nah. Not at all. It depends on the work and what is being delivered. Most of the work we do requires interaction that is difficult to do completely remotely. Many suppliers place people on site so saying they can work where they please is complete rubbish.

There is professional courtesy as well. Just waltzing in when you feel like and no one not knowing where you are just isn't normal and is going to frustrate people.

Whoever has hacked PC's account does have a point.

PC is also inside IR35 anyway so that point isn't going phase him either.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Nah. Not at all. It depends on the work and what is being delivered. Most of the work we do requires interaction that is difficult to do completely remotely. Many suppliers place people on site so saying they can work where they please is complete rubbish.

There is professional courtesy as well. Just waltzing in when you feel like and no one not knowing where you are just isn't normal and is going to frustrate people.

Whoever has hacked PC's account does have a point.

PC is also inside IR35 anyway so that point isn't going phase him either.
            NLUK in "agreeing with me" shocker!!!

Yes I'm inside IR35 PS at the moment. In the past I've never been though.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X