Apple make me laugh Apple make me laugh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Default Apple make me laugh

This story: Stockholm says no to Apple 'town square' in its oldest park | Cities | The Guardian

“It’s funny, we actually don’t call them stores anymore,” Angela Ahrendts, Apple’s senior vice-president of retail, said in November last year, a sentiment reiterated at Apple’s new product event on Tuesday. “We call them town squares, because they’re gathering places where everyone is welcome.”
    I have to say, I have never seen a gathering of pissed up tramps in an Apple store I wonder what would happen if you took a crate of beer, a couple of jumpers, a football and went with some mates along to one for a friendly kickabout...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    This story: Stockholm says no to Apple 'town square' in its oldest park | Cities | The Guardian

I have to say, I have never seen a gathering of pissed up tramps in an Apple store I wonder what would happen if you took a crate of beer, a couple of jumpers, a football and went with some mates along to one for a friendly kickabout...
    They ought to just call them w***ing booths. They seem to be full of millennials creaming themselves over stuff they can't really afford but have convinced themselves they have to have it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Contractor Among Contractors

GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    They ought to just call them w***ing booths. They seem to be full of millennials creaming themselves over stuff they can't really afford but have convinced themselves they have to have it.
    Like affordable housing?

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    They ought to just call them w***ing booths.
    Also a leading option for rebranding the Brexit subforum.

Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post

And I was just thinking about popping down to my local "apple town square" at lunchtime with my recently purchased Big Mac, large fries and coke, sitting down at one of their nice tables and eating my lunch. Afterwards I can leave the packaging behind on the table as I leave.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

What Apple customers do with their money really seems to rub up the local Windaz ilk.

Apple customers are beautiful people, as such they need beautiful stores to shop in.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Shame TTIP is dead and Apple can't sue Stockholm for loss of income
    Because feelings...

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Damn shame

Murica seems quite upset with the UK at the minute. The UK suggested an increase of taxes on their large tech companies. That special relationship keeps on delivering.

US attacks UK plan for digital services tax on tech giants
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced

Apple. The gift that keeps on giving: -

Brexit: UK government's battle with Apple over EU citizens app - BBC News

Home Office officials knew there would be a problem with Apple devices when the app was announced early this year.

But they were hoping Apple would release an update to its operating system to allow users of the firm's devices to scan their passports in the same way that people with Android phones can.

The US tech giant has so far declined to do so, despite representations from UK government ministers, including a trip to the firm's Silicon Valley HQ by Home Secretary Sajid Javid.

Immigration minister Caroline Nokes told MPs the Home Office could not be blamed because Apple "won't release the upgrade we need in order for it to function".

-----------------------------
    Meanwhile: -
    The Home Office has also signed a £91m contract with French company Sopra Steria to set up computer terminals at 56 local libraries around the UK to help those without smartphones, or without the necessary digital skills, to apply to stay in the UK.

It could not be done in the UK?

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Meanwhile: -
    The Home Office has also signed a £91m contract with French company Sopra Steria to set up computer terminals at 56 local libraries around the UK to help those without smartphones, or without the necessary digital skills, to apply to stay in the UK.

It could not be done in the UK?
    Knowing Steria, it will be done in Bangalore...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...