• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple make me laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple make me laugh

This story: Stockholm says no to Apple 'town square' in its oldest park | Cities | The Guardian

“It’s funny, we actually don’t call them stores anymore,” Angela Ahrendts, Apple’s senior vice-president of retail, said in November last year, a sentiment reiterated at Apple’s new product event on Tuesday. “We call them town squares, because they’re gathering places where everyone is welcome.”
    I have to say, I have never seen a gathering of pissed up tramps in an Apple store I wonder what would happen if you took a crate of beer, a couple of jumpers, a football and went with some mates along to one for a friendly kickabout...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    This story: Stockholm says no to Apple 'town square' in its oldest park | Cities | The Guardian

I have to say, I have never seen a gathering of pissed up tramps in an Apple store I wonder what would happen if you took a crate of beer, a couple of jumpers, a football and went with some mates along to one for a friendly kickabout...
    They ought to just call them w***ing booths. They seem to be full of millennials creaming themselves over stuff they can't really afford but have convinced themselves they have to have it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      They ought to just call them w***ing booths. They seem to be full of millennials creaming themselves over stuff they can't really afford but have convinced themselves they have to have it.
      Like affordable housing?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        They ought to just call them w***ing booths.
        Also a leading option for rebranding the Brexit subforum.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

And I was just thinking about popping down to my local "apple town square" at lunchtime with my recently purchased Big Mac, large fries and coke, sitting down at one of their nice tables and eating my lunch. Afterwards I can leave the packaging behind on the table as I leave.

Comment

What Apple customers do with their money really seems to rub up the local Windaz ilk.

Apple customers are beautiful people, as such they need beautiful stores to shop in.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Shame TTIP is dead and Apple can't sue Stockholm for loss of income
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Damn shame

Murica seems quite upset with the UK at the minute. The UK suggested an increase of taxes on their large tech companies. That special relationship keeps on delivering.

US attacks UK plan for digital services tax on tech giants
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Apple. The gift that keeps on giving: -

Brexit: UK government's battle with Apple over EU citizens app - BBC News

Home Office officials knew there would be a problem with Apple devices when the app was announced early this year.

But they were hoping Apple would release an update to its operating system to allow users of the firm's devices to scan their passports in the same way that people with Android phones can.

The US tech giant has so far declined to do so, despite representations from UK government ministers, including a trip to the firm's Silicon Valley HQ by Home Secretary Sajid Javid.

Immigration minister Caroline Nokes told MPs the Home Office could not be blamed because Apple "won't release the upgrade we need in order for it to function".

-----------------------------
                  Meanwhile: -
                  The Home Office has also signed a £91m contract with French company Sopra Steria to set up computer terminals at 56 local libraries around the UK to help those without smartphones, or without the necessary digital skills, to apply to stay in the UK.

It could not be done in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    Meanwhile: -
                    The Home Office has also signed a £91m contract with French company Sopra Steria to set up computer terminals at 56 local libraries around the UK to help those without smartphones, or without the necessary digital skills, to apply to stay in the UK.

It could not be done in the UK?
                    Knowing Steria, it will be done in Bangalore...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X