US mid terms US mid terms - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: US mid terms

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Except in the midterms, there’s no electoral college to hand Republicans a victory despite their losing the popular vote.
    There is gerrymandering, voter supression and other dirty tricks...

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a GOP landslide.
    Well of course you are, buttercup.
    You're one of the useful idiots to the left of the Gaussian curve of IQ that the current populists have learned to manipulate.
    Problem is that pandering to the stupid doesn't really give rise to good outcomes, as history has repeatedly shown.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Yes, plenty of that going on. It’s odd the way they go on about democracy, then do everything in their power to subvert it when it looks like their gravy train might be derailed

It’ll be funny if Ted Cruz loses to O’Rourke in Texas. Cruz is the one figure in US politics who makes me think David Icke might be on to something

Potty-trained

suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Well of course you are, buttercup.
    You're one of the useful idiots to the left of the Gaussian curve of IQ that the current populists have learned to manipulate.
    Problem is that pandering to the stupid doesn't really give rise to good outcomes, as history has repeatedly shown.
    Are there any lefties, that are right of me on the curve, that actually have any policies?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

AtW is a fount of knowledge

It’ll be funny if Ted Cruz loses to O’Rourke in Texas. Cruz is the one figure in US politics who makes me think David Icke might be on to something
    He might cling on, but in 2 years Texas hopefully will turn Blue...

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Yes, plenty of that going on. It’s odd the way they go on about democracy, then do everything in their power to subvert it when it looks like their gravy train might be derailed

Agreed, I also think the Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp race in Georgia is quite interesting. Having just returned from an extended period in the US and going back shortly, it was quite interesting to listen to people's opinions however the most interesting thing is every time I have been there, no-one has ever admitted to voting for Trump (much like the B-word in the UK) but also no-one likes Hillary very much either. The only place where I saw any support for Trump, bumper stickers primarily, was in Florida and that is to be expected being as it's known as the white trash state...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Potty-trained

suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Agreed, I also think the Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp race in Georgia is quite interesting. Having just returned from an extended period in the US and going back shortly, it was quite interesting to listen to people's opinions however the most interesting thing is every time I have been there, no-one has ever admitted to voting for Trump (much like the B-word in the UK) but also no-one likes Hillary very much either. The only place where I saw any support for Trump, bumper stickers primarily, was in Florida and that is to be expected being as it's known as the white trash state...
    I met a Yank at Cannstadter Wasen who was a lifelong Dem, who voted Trump. They're not that hard to find. Try Fox News?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Do we need an official thread for this or does nobody GAS? Could be quite entertaining if the last big US election was anything to go by....
    It'll certainly be entertaining if (when?) Trump wins by a landslide - The despairing howls of outrage from liberal snowflakes will be comical to behold!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by suityou01 View Post
    To be fair, that one may be in an airport, and Delta Airlines has lost the lady's luggage yet again, just as they once did mine!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Not forgetting social media platforms mass banning accounts of people on the other side of an election they're trying to swing.
    Because feelings...