• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Darwin Award winner.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Darwin Award winner.

Poor sod.

Australian man dies eight years after eating slug for dare

Took a while but he got there in the end.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Poor sod.

Pretty sad, daft lad out with his mates and dared to eat it. 8 years of pain and suffering apparently.

Comment

Tragic story. Anyone that as a kid mucked around outdoors (before the playstation generation ), or still does if you're a Bear Grills wannabe, can probably sympathise that such an apparently innocuous action could have such devastating consequences.

Personally I was saved from myself at a young age when the local kids passed around about knowing someone that had to have their stomach pumped after eating crab apples scrumped from a garden down the road. Of course no one knew the kid directly so likely a typical kids urban myth started by a parent (or owner of said garden ) but it did make me think more about the stuff we ate that was wild and not from the local sweet shop.

Makes me wonder how those winkers on Celebrity Jungle eat so many live tiny animals with abandon yet don't die in excruciating pain from contracting something deadly. One day maybe ...
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Makes me wonder how those winkers on Celebrity Jungle eat so many live tiny animals with abandon yet don't die in excruciating pain from contracting something deadly. One day maybe ...
        I expect everything has been sterilised first. It might even all be beef....

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          I expect everything has been sterilised first. It might even all be beef....
          Yes I expect it's all showmanship in that even the live critters are harvested in a controlled environment. They're not likely to be rustling the bushes to capture the lunch.

A line from Dog Soldiers comes to mind on behalf of all the eaten live animals, "I hope I give you the s***s".
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Poor sod.

Clearly Sam didn't get the memo and watch monsters inside me. That would stop anyone doing something stupid and/or reckless. Poor guy! He should know everything in Australia is deadly.

Comment

He didn't choose the slug life, the slug life chose him.

Still, a pretty sad thing to have happened.
              Last edited by GJABS; 7 November 2018, 21:51.

Comment

I don't think this is really Darwin material. Just a tragedy. Not like those people falling into the Grand Canyon trying to get extreme selfies.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X