• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client site or WFH? How about the third way...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client site or WFH? How about the third way...

Working from a local flexible office paid for by client.

Offsets the lack of travel expenses under IR35 and clients can easily set up satellite project teams for better collaboration and focused delivery. Client saves on fixed costs by not needing permanent office space and can set up flexible offices in cheaper centralised locations where more contractors under IR35 are willing to commute to.

Flexible office space demand 'to soar over five years'

Bonus is free beer. The return of the lunchtime pint, or four.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

I WFH when at home and when I venture north of the wall, I rent a desk which works out really well for me. I pay a set amount each month and roll over the days I don't use (within reason!).

My biggest gripe with these sort of drop in spaces is the lack of sockets. It seems that the people running these places don't consider that working in a portable manner means devices need charging.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I WFH when at home and when I venture north of the wall, I rent a desk which works out really well for me. I pay a set amount each month and roll over the days I don't use (within reason!).

My biggest gripe with these sort of drop in spaces is the lack of sockets. It seems that the people running these places don't consider that working in a portable manner means devices need charging.
      Take a 4-way plug extension with you?
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        I do now! Learnt the hard way!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          Or take a 12-way plug extension, and rent out sockets by the minute to the less well-prepared

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Or take a 12-way plug extension, and rent out sockets by the minute to the less well-prepared
            Take a 24-way plug extension and under-cut the prices of anyone who rents out a 12-way.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Take a 24-way plug extension and under-cut the prices of anyone who rents out a 12-way.
              Take a surge-protected 12-way and spike the winker who's undercutting you.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Take a surge-protected 12-way and spike the winker who's undercutting you.
                Take a surge protected 24-way and hit the person who spiked your original 24-way with it.

Comment

And a generator, just in case...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    And a generator, just in case...
                    And blow the power supply, cornering the energy market.

Comment

Working...
                    X