• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winter tyres fitted today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Yeah imagine having to share the Autobahns with Spooter????? poor Krauts!
    It would be like Groundhog Night at the THH.

Comment

I still ride my Ducati in the winter. What's wrong with you millennials? What you need is a proper winter car that will go anywhere in any snow, 1939 Austin seven.

Comment

Winter tyres? It needs to be -10 before I dig my big coat out #northernbastid
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I think it was 2010 when we had the really cold one - and I could not move my car mainly because there was about 2 foot of snow - not sure whether winter tyres would have made a difference.

Where do you actually live which requires regular use of winter tyres?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Cost €150 but I had endless cappuccinos whilst I waited.
            four tyres for EUR 150?? what are they made of? chewing gum??

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              I think it was 2010 when we had the really cold one - and I could not move my car mainly because there was about 2 foot of snow - not sure whether winter tyres would have made a difference.

Der Fatherland, where you get fined if you don't fit them <even if you're just driving through>

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

South of Munich. Some shots I took back in May believe it or not when driving back from Hintertux I think it was. The use of winter tyres make a massive difference, the snow sticks to the tyres, which gives you more confidence. Also we're required to carry snow chains if you're not driving a 4x4. So I don't carry them

And here's a shot of me in my dressing gown

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  four tyres for EUR 150?? what are they made of? chewing gum??
                  That was the cost to change them over. My summer wheels are now back in the tyre hotel. It's a Porsche thing, don't ask.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    That was the cost to change them over. My summer wheels are now back in the tyre hotel. It's a Porsche thing, don't ask.
                    From memory, the crossover point between regular and winter tyres is something like 7 degrees, is it not? Well, it's still well above that in NW England, so it would seem a bit daft to change over right now.

Heck, I'm not even wearing both layers of my 3-in-1 yet.
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Turns out winter tyres are better all year round, especially in wet climates, so not only for snow. However the performance of the car drops a few places, you notice the fuel consumption increase. Swings & roundabouts.

Comment

Working...
                      X