• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being depressed as a contractor... how to gather myself?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brillo is alot less depressed since leaving CUK.

The events are related.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      we still love you.
      I know what you mean - I've got my family thank goodness, but going a bit stir crazy - friends all seem to have plans and parties. Even braved M&S earlier just to get out the house! Christmas is that time where everyone else seems to be having more fun than you. Should be banned! Enjoy your party and don't forget the mistletoe. Ugly Betty will forgive you.
      M&S? Hope I'll never get that desperate. Ah! Ugly Betty! I dream of her every night but don't tell my CUK friend Albert Steptoe.

PS Dunno, to get away from relatives, maybe M&S ain't so bad.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        Brillo? Didn't he become just another brick in the wall....?

Comment

@GJABS - there are some highly intelligent people who are autistic. Perhaps you're one of them.

The events are related.
          And how is GreenMirror's mental health?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            And how is GreenMirror's mental health?
            Recovering from when admin tried to blackmail me into being a mod.

Though not as good as Suity. Since he left CUK he just gets better and better.

Comment

Though not as good as Suity. Since he left CUK he just gets better and better.
              Indeed....

Comment

All the best GJABS. Look after yourself butti.

Know what you mean. I reckon over the years I could have earned double what I have but just can't cope with the stress of being away all week. Not ideal for a contractor!
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  All the best GJABS. Look after yourself butti.
                  Thanks

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  @GJABS - there are some highly intelligent people who are autistic. Perhaps you're one of them.
                  Highly intelligent. Maybe in an Inspector Clouseau kind of way - i.e. with a veneer of foolishness...

Anyway I'm back on my feet now and ready to waste some bench time. Thanks all for your good wishes

Comment

How did the couch to 5k go? Started it myself recently, but the snow has come... so taking a pause at week 5
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Investment discussion moved here: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ng-plan-b.html
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X