• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Approving Timesheets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approving Timesheets

Would like to check others view on this........

Have a reasonably responsible role and end up in 2 scenarios
    1. placed at a client through a PM company with co-colleagues and as the "senior" representative am asked to approve colleagues hours for the PM company
    2. work direct with client and may have co-contract/interim-colleagues who work with me, again deemed responsible to approve timesheets

Never really gave it much thought and so wanted to canvass others views.

I’m not sure what a co-colleague or co-contract is, but that’s maybe some new buzzwords to add to bingo.
    Are you approving the time sheets for the end client or for the PM company or for the agency (or someone else)?
    Who has asked you to do the approvals? Is it the end client, the PM company or the agency (or someone else)?
    What is your concern about being asked to do it?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by FMCG View Post
      Would like to check others view on this........

Have a reasonably responsible role and end up in 2 scenarios
      1. placed at a client through a PM company with co-colleagues and as the "senior" representative am asked to approve colleagues hours for the PM company
      2. work direct with client and may have co-contract/interim-colleagues who work with me, again deemed responsible to approve timesheets

Never really gave it much thought and so wanted to canvass others views.
      I never get myself into that position, never responsible for authorising anything for a clients staff of its subcontractors. Kind of indicates being part and parcel in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        I never get myself into that position, never responsible for authorising anything for a clients staff of its subcontractors. Kind of indicates being part and parcel in my view.
        My dad taught me two things in life, both of which he learnt in the army. Never volunteer for anything. Never sign for anything. Wise words.

Comment

Ordering off Amazon must be a pain then

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Ordering off Amazon must be a pain then
            Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              Nah, that's simply ticks in boxes - if you're involved in HR processes, that's different
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X