Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting
Posts 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    21,554

    Default Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting

    Wasn't it just last week we had the last mass shooting? Can't keep up.

    #ThoughtsAndPrayers


    At least 12 people have been killed, including a police officer, at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California.

    The shooting began at 23:20 local time on Wednesday about 40 miles (65km) north-west of Los Angeles, police say.


    At least 200 people were reportedly inside the Borderline Bar and Grill at the time of the attack.


    Officials say the suspect was found dead inside and have not identified him. They do not yet know his motive for the shooting.


    How did the shooting occur?


    A college country music night was under way when the suspect, apparently dressed in black, entered the bar and opened fire.


    Reports say the suspect may have used smoke grenades and at least one weapon, described as a semi-automatic handgun by witnesses.


    A injured man told local television channel KTLA: "We just dropped to the ground, we heard a lot of screaming. My friend is the DJ so she cut off the music, we just heard a lot of mayhem."
    source: Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  2. #2

    Super poster

    Eirikur - scorchio!

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,804

    Default

    T&Ps

  3. #3

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,971

    Default

    Seems some folks really don't like country music.

    Don't think they've found the motive for the Las Vegas concert massacre last year, other than the guy was clearly looney tunes yet compos mentis enough to smuggle a whole stash of armaments into his hotel room.

    With all the knife killings we have in the UK (around 250 this year so far) I'm just glad the nutters here don't have easy access to guns, let alone assault rifles and military grade weaponry the yanks like to shoot themselves up with. Bonkers.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  4. #4

    Godlike

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Seems some folks really don't like country music.

    Don't think they've found the motive for the Las Vegas concert massacre last year, other than the guy was clearly looney tunes yet compos mentis enough to smuggle a whole stash of armaments into his hotel room.

    With all the knife killings we have in the UK (around 250 this year so far) I'm just glad the nutters here don't have easy access to guns, let alone assault rifles and military grade weaponry the yanks like to shoot themselves up with. Bonkers.
    Killing someone with a knife is a lot different to shooting someone.

    Get rid of tribalism in this country and you'll go a long way to resolving the knifing of young black males.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Wasn't it just last week we had the last mass shooting? Can't keep up.
    Someone told me there were so many in the last 2-3 weeks, one of them didn't even get reported because it was sandwiched between two others.


    Has anyone already argued the Cali shooting could've been avoided if they hadn't instated such strict gun laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,971

    Default

    On News at 10 last night they mentioned it was the 307th mass shooting in the USA this year. We're on day number 313 so very nearly one mass shooting every single day.

    No matter how perverse the behaviour repeat it that often and it becomes normal.

    Pity the children for the adults have let them down.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Someone told me there were so many in the last 2-3 weeks, one of them didn't even get reported because it was sandwiched between two others.


    Has anyone already argued the Cali shooting could've been avoided if they hadn't instated such strict gun laws?
    Well.....Switzerland innit
    Switzerland gun laws: Why the country has fewer gun deaths than the US - Business Insider

    Better registration, licensing and training are needed in the USA.

    Permits not issued before consulting with a doctor/psychologist etc... may reduce a great number of these incidents (because taking away all the Americans guns is never going to happen anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

  8. #8

    Still gathering requirements...

    Hertsseasider is a permanent contractor

    Hertsseasider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    The Garden of England
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    On News at 10 last night they mentioned it was the 307th mass shooting in the USA this year. We're on day number 313 so very nearly one mass shooting every single day.

    No matter how perverse the behaviour repeat it that often and it becomes normal.

    Pity the children for the adults have let them down.
    With 307 MASS shootings in 313 days, one would have thought that someone, somewhere in the USA, USA, USA would be saying "hold on guys, somethings wrong here" but hey they you go.
    We got the Oystons out like we said we would

  9. #9

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hertsseasider View Post
    With 307 MASS shootings in 313 days, one would have thought that someone, somewhere in the USA, USA, USA would be saying "hold on guys, somethings wrong here" but hey they you go.
    There's no shortage of people saying precisely that, but there is a shortage of politicians willing to commit career suicide by proposing any meaningful gun controls. The popular response seems to be that they need more people to be armed so that criminals and terrorists can be shot more quickly. It is impossible to argue the lack of logic in that theory with those who believe it. Factor in the NRA, who spend hundreds of millions buying up senators to make sure they get to keep their gun rights, and it's not that hard to see why nothing has changed, and probably never will.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •