• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting

Wasn't it just last week we had the last mass shooting? Can't keep up.

#ThoughtsAndPrayers

At least 12 people have been killed, including a police officer, at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California.

The shooting began at 23:20 local time on Wednesday about 40 miles (65km) north-west of Los Angeles, police say.

At least 200 people were reportedly inside the Borderline Bar and Grill at the time of the attack.

Officials say the suspect was found dead inside and have not identified him. They do not yet know his motive for the shooting.

How did the shooting occur?

A college country music night was under way when the suspect, apparently dressed in black, entered the bar and opened fire.

Reports say the suspect may have used smoke grenades and at least one weapon, described as a semi-automatic handgun by witnesses.

A injured man told local television channel KTLA: "We just dropped to the ground, we heard a lot of screaming. My friend is the DJ so she cut off the music, we just heard a lot of mayhem."
    source: Thousand Oaks: At least 12 killed at California bar shooting - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

T&Ps

Comment

Seems some folks really don't like country music.

Don't think they've found the motive for the Las Vegas concert massacre last year, other than the guy was clearly looney tunes yet compos mentis enough to smuggle a whole stash of armaments into his hotel room.

With all the knife killings we have in the UK (around 250 this year so far) I'm just glad the nutters here don't have easy access to guns, let alone assault rifles and military grade weaponry the yanks like to shoot themselves up with. Bonkers.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Seems some folks really don't like country music.

Don't think they've found the motive for the Las Vegas concert massacre last year, other than the guy was clearly looney tunes yet compos mentis enough to smuggle a whole stash of armaments into his hotel room.

With all the knife killings we have in the UK (around 250 this year so far) I'm just glad the nutters here don't have easy access to guns, let alone assault rifles and military grade weaponry the yanks like to shoot themselves up with. Bonkers.
        Killing someone with a knife is a lot different to shooting someone.

Get rid of tribalism in this country and you'll go a long way to resolving the knifing of young black males.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Wasn't it just last week we had the last mass shooting? Can't keep up.
          Someone told me there were so many in the last 2-3 weeks, one of them didn't even get reported because it was sandwiched between two others.

Has anyone already argued the Cali shooting could've been avoided if they hadn't instated such strict gun laws?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

On News at 10 last night they mentioned it was the 307th mass shooting in the USA this year. We're on day number 313 so very nearly one mass shooting every single day.

No matter how perverse the behaviour repeat it that often and it becomes normal.

Pity the children for the adults have let them down.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Someone told me there were so many in the last 2-3 weeks, one of them didn't even get reported because it was sandwiched between two others.

Has anyone already argued the Cali shooting could've been avoided if they hadn't instated such strict gun laws?
              Well.....Switzerland innit
              Switzerland gun laws: Why the country has fewer gun deaths than the US - Business Insider

Better registration, licensing and training are needed in the USA.

Permits not issued before consulting with a doctor/psychologist etc... may reduce a great number of these incidents (because taking away all the Americans guns is never going to happen anyway)
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                On News at 10 last night they mentioned it was the 307th mass shooting in the USA this year. We're on day number 313 so very nearly one mass shooting every single day.

No matter how perverse the behaviour repeat it that often and it becomes normal.

Pity the children for the adults have let them down.
                With 307 MASS shootings in 313 days, one would have thought that someone, somewhere in the USA, USA, USA would be saying "hold on guys, somethings wrong here" but hey they you go.
                We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
                  With 307 MASS shootings in 313 days, one would have thought that someone, somewhere in the USA, USA, USA would be saying "hold on guys, somethings wrong here" but hey they you go.
                  There's no shortage of people saying precisely that, but there is a shortage of politicians willing to commit career suicide by proposing any meaningful gun controls. The popular response seems to be that they need more people to be armed so that criminals and terrorists can be shot more quickly. It is impossible to argue the lack of logic in that theory with those who believe it. Factor in the NRA, who spend hundreds of millions buying up senators to make sure they get to keep their gun rights, and it's not that hard to see why nothing has changed, and probably never will.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X