• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Admin: so you're not going to add the forum navigation bar back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO Admin: so you're not going to add the forum navigation bar back?

The only way I can jump between different forum sections (other than typing it in manuall) is to click back up to https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ then on the one I want. I mentioned it as did others with the new forum a while back.

Can't we have the little bar back, or a drop-down menu to jump between forum sections?

(if you just moved it, where is it?)
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The only way I can jump between different forum sections (other than typing it in manuall) is to click back up to https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ then on the one I want. I mentioned it as did others with the new forum a while back.

Can't we have the little bar back, or a drop-down menu to jump between forum sections?

(if you just moved it, where is it?)
    Had a mare sorting the templating out so had a chat with NickFitz earlier this week and he will sort us out

Just trying to get a copy of the forum sorted that is upgraded from scratch - i.e. before I had attempted to fix any of the templating! Had issues with the upgrade a couple of times but finally got a copy sorted at 2.30 this morning, just anonymising the DB content so I can ping him over a dev copy and he can then get to work.

So fingers crossed we should have the top nav sorted, along with many other fixes, fairly soon.

Comment

Ta. Sorry, didn't realise the work was still ongoing on the site.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Had a mare sorting the templating out so had a chat with NickFitz earlier this week and he will sort us out

Just trying to get a copy of the forum sorted that is upgraded from scratch - i.e. before I had attempted to fix any of the templating! Had issues with the upgrade a couple of times but finally got a copy sorted at 2.30 this morning, just anonymising the DB content so I can ping him over a dev copy and he can then get to work.

So fingers crossed we should have the top nav sorted, along with many other fixes, fairly soon.
        I haven't seen that approach documented in any ITIL processes before?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It's covered by the 'Suck it and See' methodology as designed by Bodgeit and Scarper.

Comment

Like my life mate, hit it and hope! I would fail so badly in a big organisation, documentation is for the weak, deadlines are made to be broken

Comment

Ah a kindred spirit, I love the whooshing sound as they go flying past (all acknowledgements etc to D Adams).

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Like my life mate, hit it and hope! I would fail so badly in a big organisation, documentation is for the weak, deadlines are made to be broken
                Either that or you accept the futility of trying to predict the future and so just concentrate on what you can do in the present.....

That also is quite a skill.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Either that or you accept the futility of trying to predict the future and so just concentrate on what you can do in the present.....

That also is quite a skill.

Whoaaaa that's deep man!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Whoaaaa that's deep man!
                    But not as deep as this.

Comment

Working...
                    X