• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What email address do you use to notify your client...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What email address do you use to notify your client...

Hi,

What email address do you use to notify your client that you'll be unavailable on certain days.

For example if you want to take a few days off on holiday?

Company email or client internal email (if you have one!)

Interested to hear views....

Untouchable1

Company internal mail if you have one, this is an internal matter. Otherwise your Ltd professional email, you should have one.

Comment

IMO it's just a communication tool. For general day to day stuff I don't see why changing which mail it comes from makes an ounce of difference.

Don't really need to use your company mail either. Technically your company has no legal relationship to the client (if you are via the agency).

Much more important things to worry about that what email domain you communicate on IMO.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I just update a project team availability spreadsheet that includes contractors, staff and consultancy bods.

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
          Hi,

What email address do you use to notify your client that you'll be unavailable on certain days.

For example if you want to take a few days off on holiday?

Company email or client internal email (if you have one!)

Interested to hear views....

Untouchable1
          Email!? WTF!?! Word of mouth. Are you too timid to say to the client Im not in so and so or something?
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Client's email system if set up to use it, as proof of informing them in case they 'forget' the spoken agreement for whatever reason.

I wouldn't use my personal or Ltd email address as there is a chance it gets bounced or placed in junk-mail folder if they have filters on external emails for security and anti-spam/malware purposes.

I also book out the days as being unavailable in Outlook or whatever calendar availability system they use, so they can't put in meetings or say they didn't know.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I use my hotmail.com email address

Comment

Firstly I would speak to the relevant project manager/person who signs off the timesheets to advise them that I would not be available. Because in professional business relationships, that’s what you do if you have a good relationship with your client.
                Then I’d put it in the client’s diary system (e.g. Outlook, project availability spreadsheet, etc). I’d normally email the relevant people as well.

On one client site, the permies filled out holiday request forms, while the contractors blocked out their time in Outlook - and invited the project manager to the blocked out time as well.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I normally pop an e-mail to my boss, asking them if it's okay if I take some annual leave. Then once they've approved it, I'll pop it through my employers HR Portal - ensuring I've not taken too many days already this year.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    I normally pop an e-mail to my boss, asking them if it's okay if I take some annual leave. Then once they've approved it, I'll pop it through my employers HR Portal - ensuring I've not taken too many days already this year.
                    Sounds like a well managed marriage.

Comment

Working...
                    X