• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security clearance (SC), recent allegations and arrest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted, wrong section.
    Last edited by kmo1993; 12 November 2018, 17:43.

Originally posted by kmo1993 View Post
    long story, let’s get to the crux...

I might require security clearance at SC level
    Do you require SC right now for a role you have been offered (or have accepted)? If the answer is “no”, then there’s nothing to worry about.
    If the answer is “yes”, then apply and see what happens.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi,

I have recently had allegations made against me, for which one of the charges I was formally found not guilty in a crown court. The other 3 charges which were lesser offences that also i didn't do, they were discontinued before the trial happened in the magistrates court. All charges were part of the same case, nothing majorly messed up, however the police made a huge deal about an electronics project i was working on... a road was shut off... etc, that was the charge that was completely dropped in a crown court before it went to trial and i was found not guilty, the others were to do with someone lying to the police about assault to not be taken in for questioning about the electronics project... the whole situation was really stupid but also a nightmare to go through

I have no convictions, however, I have a caution for a minor theft from 6 years ago, I'm not the same person as I was back then, ever since my stupidity from 6 years ago, i have gone to college and achieved top grades and then to a university which is ranked quite high, achieving a first class honours in Computer Science, with a high overall average above 80%

Also, I have an average credit score for a graduate, between 400-500, however, I do have a student overdraft which isn't due to be paid back anytime soon, but i am into it by just over £1000, i don't get charged this or pressured to pay it back by my bank yet, I plan on paying it off as soon as i get a graduate job.

I might require security clearance at SC level, i was wondering if my background would have a significant impact on my chances at obtaining clearance?

Thanks in advance
      Do you like watching movies about Gladiators?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You only have to declare unspent convictions, i.e. things you were found guilty of, and even then there is a time limit which iirc is 5 years.

Now DV in anther kettle of fish. For that they want to know all about your complete internet profile.

Comment

Hope you spend more time understanding where to put sensitive documentation than you did working out where to post this.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Hope you spend more time understanding where to put sensitive documentation than you did working out where to post this.
            In a safe place where the sun doesn't shine.

Comment

Hi,

I have recently had allegations made against me, for which one of the charges I was formally found not guilty in a crown court.
              You got caught licking the chutney spoon didn't you!
              The other 3 charges which were lesser offences that also i didn't do,
              Putting it back?
              I have no convictions, however, I have a caution for a minor theft from 6 years ago, I'm not the same person as I was back then, ever since my stupidity from 6 years ago, i have gone to college and achieved top grades and then to a university which is ranked quite high, achieving a first class honours in Computer Science, with a high overall average above 80%
              Did you nick it?

They obviously don't do a module on how to use online forums though.
              I might require security clearance at SC level, i was wondering if my background would have a significant impact on my chances at obtaining clearance?
              No idea. Just do what it tells you in our wonderful 48 page sticky in the Business section.

Comment

Come on OP dying to know the full story about some sort of fight and electronics project that caused a road to be closed....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Come on OP dying to know the full story about some sort of fight and electronics project that caused a road to be closed....
                  He was migrating your JSA claims history to a new data centre.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Crypto stealing rig....

Comment

Working...
                    X