Fake news Fake news - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Fake news

  1. #11

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    It is, also seeing the BBC trying to establish themselves as the ministry of truth like this.
    Indeed...

    Ironic really

    BBC - Culture - Why Orwell’s 1984 could be about now

  2. #12

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Moron. Fake news is designed to comfrim the prejudices of morons. The exact same news is easily identifiable by people who use their brains and are capable of critical thinking. They recognise it as incorrect, and thus disagree with it.

    To put it in terms you might be able to understand. You agree with fake news. I disagree with it.

    Moron in denial.

    In other news, AIDS didn't originate in monkeyes, but in American labs, deliberately designed to target homosexuals.
    The term 'fake news' was invented by the MSM to discredit the information Trump used against Hillary (Wikileaks etc) to win in 2016. That's why he uses it so much - bashing them with their own term. Some of it probably was fake (pizzagate) but a lot of it true (Clinton foundation, pay-to-play, email server etc).

    The MSM cried 'fake news' after he got elected along with 'Russia Russia Russia!' to try and discredit the election result. Now every time they publish something untrue he hits them over the head with it.

    Even before 2016 trust in MSM was on the decline for good reason (eg. Iraq WMDs) - and there's nuffin you can do abaht it :middlefinger:
    Because feelings...

  3. #13

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    The term 'fake news' was invented by the MSM to discredit the information Trump used against Hillary (Wikileaks etc) to win in 2016. That's why he uses it so much - bashing them with their own term. Some of it probably was fake (pizzagate) but a lot of it true (Clinton foundation, pay-to-play, email server etc).

    The MSM cried 'fake news' after he got elected along with 'Russia Russia Russia!' to try and discredit the election result. Now every time they publish something untrue he hits them over the head with it.

    Even before 2016 trust in MSM was on the decline for good reason (eg. Iraq WMDs) - and there's nuffin you can do abaht it :middlefinger:
    Right, and Hillary Clinton will soon be behind bars for a very long time, because it wasn't fake news.

    I'm alright Jack

  4. #14

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    Lets see how many more convictions based on "fake" evidence the Muller probe will achieve.

    I'm alright Jack

  5. #15

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Right, and Hillary Clinton will soon be behind bars for a very long time, because it wasn't fake news.

    Do you think wikileaks publish false information?
    Because feelings...

  6. #16

    Nervous Newbie

    Benjiex has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    The trusty BBC has released a new video on how to identify fake news



    So basically news that you disagree with = fake news.
    BBC is getting dumber ... I mean smarter.

  7. #17

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Do you think wikileaks publish false information?
    Do tell us about what was newsworthy about these e-mails.

    Is the FBI about to mount a wave of arrests ?

    I'm alright Jack

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    ooh there are some e-mails Hillary will be locked up.

    I'm alright Jack

  9. #19

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    Do you think wikileaks publish false information?
    Some of the “published” emails were doctored for maximum effect.

    So yes, they do publish false info, which isn’t surprising given they are GRU/SVR front, a modern version of Pravda for foreign audiences

    MSM are guilty of republishing and amplyifing all this tulip - that’s the only reason it worked, the term “fake news” is exclusively Trumps invention who calls black white, which is said because there are actually plenty of fake news supporting him, but the term is thoroughly discredited to be used in any other context but “the truth I don’t like”
    Last edited by AtW; 13th November 2018 at 12:01.

  10. #20

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Do tell us about what was newsworthy about these e-mails.

    Is the FBI about to mount a wave of arrests ?

    So that's a no then

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Some of the “published” emails were doctored for maximum effect.

    So yes, they do publish false info, which isn’t surprising given they are GRU/SVR front, a modern version of Pravda for foreign audiences

    MSM are guilty of republishing and amplyifing all this tulip - that’s the only reason it worked, the term “fake news” is exclusively Trumps invention who calls black white, which is said because there are actually plenty of fake news supporting him, but the term is thoroughly discredited to be used in any other context but “the truth I don’t like”
    Are you referring to Guccifer 2.0? Did they prove he was GRU or is that still part of the (unproven) Mueller thing? I remember at the time Guccifer 2.0 saying he was actually a Ukrainian hacker who was into all the Alex Jones type conspiracy stuff and wanted to destroy HRC, also said he didn't want Russia taking credit for his hack...

    Although MSM are publishing your version as fact and other side MSM are publishing his version as fact.

    Shame no one knows who to believe anymore... Except the BBC of course and AtW obviously
    Because feelings...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •