• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    He’s good at self publicity and manipulation.
    Was his North Korea publicity successful or not?
    Any swamp-draining he did, he replaced with his unqualified family, or his friends.
    He runs the US on twitter, because that way he can ignore difficult questions.
    His favourite tactic with difficult problems is distraction and blaming. (Sound familiar?)
    If he's the best they can do then the US has no business 'leading the world' in anything. Ironically the fact that he's isolating America and the way EU nations are now forming new alliances and not taking orders from Washington any more can only be good for the rest of the world IMO.

He's a terrible bully and ego maniac and an utter embarrassment to his country. The fact that the American voters chose him over 'BAU' say's quite a lot. When I was out there (Florida) during the primaries the ones I spoke to (mostly oldies - boomers) were so sick of 'the swamp' they didn't care about much else.

Interesting times we live in!

*Edit* - on the NK thing, if it can still be resolved it would be a big success for those who want a more stable world. His approach to foreign policy -if genuine is the only thing he has going for him AFAIC. I will vote/support whoever is genuinely interested in developing stable and peaceful international relations - especially between nuclear superpowers. That is all I care about.
    Last edited by Jog On; 14 November 2018, 16:57. Reason: NK
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Interesting question.

Is news nowadays fact or someones opinion?

It used to be fact - but now ever paper has someones opinion on the fact peddled as news.

All joking aside it is really quite worrying that the mainstream press no longer need to tell the truth.
      Surely that should be "Inneresting question"?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I don't categorise news as fake or real. I categorise it as boring or... Well that covers it really.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Since most sources are opinion, not news, it’s a question of “how much opinion?” And “how balanced is the story?”

Getting news stories via Facebook, where their algorithms will show you what you want to see is one of the ways that people think they are escaping main stream media biases, but it’s quite the opposite, it’s just reinforcing personal biases.

If your only source for US stories is Fox, then you’re missing the news. (E.g. CNN host calls out Sean Hannity for ‘deceptive’ video editing Fox News host Sean Hannity revealed as Michael Cohen'''s mystery client )
          If someone tells you that a particular source is extremely biased, ask them for specific evidence. If they can’t provide you with any, then chances are that said person is extremely biased and doesn’t like things that challenge them.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
          X