• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorilla Accounting Referral paid only to clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorilla Accounting Referral paid only to clients

Hi folks, I need your opinion. I have to postpone my plans on changing my current accountant to a new one which I thought might be GA. But I did referred my buddy through the form on the website that is available to everyone. However after he paid for 2 month GA refuse to pay the referral premium because I am not their client. From my point of view it is not fair but may be this is common practice which I am not aware of?

Hi Martin,

I apologies if our initial response gave you the impression that we refusing to pay the referral fee. This is certainly not the case. I have since tried to contact you to explain this but the number we have appears to be incorrect. If you can please contact our office on 0330 024 0406 I would be more than happy to discuss this further.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Boober View Post
      Hi folks, I need your opinion. I have to postpone my plans on changing my current accountant to a new one which I thought might be GA. But I did referred my buddy through the form on the website that is available to everyone. However after he paid for 2 month GA refuse to pay the referral premium because I am not their client. From my point of view it is not fair but may be this is common practice which I am not aware of?
      Well it does say on their site...

We hope you enjoy being a client of Gorilla Accounting, so much so, that you’ll want to recommend us to your friends and colleagues
      Why not explain your situation to them and ask them to keep it on the backburner for when you do sign up and collect in then? Everyone is a winner.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How can you give an accurate referral if you are not a client?

Colleague asked me today about accountant recommendations because he's fed up with the last mistake from SJD. I pointed him to a few places but since I don't use them I'm not expecting them to give me a referral just for mentioning their name.
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

So when you sign up, use your buddy's details as your referrer, and get him to give you the referral fee? Or half of it.

Winner winner, corned beef dinner.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
            How can you give an accurate referral if you are not a client?

Colleague asked me today about accountant recommendations because he's fed up with the last mistake from SJD. I pointed him to a few places but since I don't use them I'm not expecting them to give me a referral just for mentioning their name.
            Why not? I did a research on the topic spending many hours to find the trusted company that I personally want to use. Why I cannot refer another person? If I would be a client for one month can I refer then or I need to wait for one year?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Well it does say on their site...
              Why not explain your situation to them and ask them to keep it on the backburner for when you do sign up and collect in then? Everyone is a winner.
              It is nowhere said that you must be a client isn't it? I am not sure about my company future in light of the IR35 changes I would really like to use Gorilla but don't know when yet. Anyway I have got a response from them that they just need an invoice from a company because they cannot pay to my personal account. Also sound strange to me. How my company is relevant to that? I have to speak to my accountant. May be someone can share their experience on the topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Boober View Post
                It is nowhere said that you must be a client isn't it? I am not sure about my company future in light of the IR35 changes I would really like to use Gorilla but don't know when yet. Anyway I have got a response from them that they just need an invoice from a company because they cannot pay to my personal account. Also sound strange to me. How my company is relevant to that? I have to speak to my accountant. May be someone can share their experience on the topic?
                The quote about you having to be a client is on this page.
                Refer a Friend | GBP100 for Every Client You Refer to Us >> Gorilla Accounting

I was surprised when I was first asked to invoice for it. I thought about asking can you just not pay me it personally and I'll forget you paid me it... But realised this was my accountant I was talking to

Comment

I see they have posted so it must have been stuck waiting for approval. Why don't you call them and erm... Speak to your not yet accountant?

You are making a right mountain out of a molehill if you don't mind me saying.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    The quote about you having to be a client is on this page.
                    Refer a Friend | GBP100 for Every Client You Refer to Us >> Gorilla Accounting

I was surprised when I was first asked to invoice for it. I thought about asking can you just not pay me it personally and I'll forget you paid me it... But realised this was my accountant I was talking to
                    I may be blind but I cannot see where does it say anything like "only available for the clients" or "must be a client of us"?

So your point is that I need to have a company to receive the referral premium in case if I forget that I have been paid and they can prove by showing the invoice or what?

Comment

Working...
                    X