Gorilla Accounting Referral paid only to clients Gorilla Accounting Referral paid only to clients
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default Gorilla Accounting Referral paid only to clients

    Hi folks, I need your opinion. I have to postpone my plans on changing my current accountant to a new one which I thought might be GA. But I did referred my buddy through the form on the website that is available to everyone. However after he paid for 2 month GA refuse to pay the referral premium because I am not their client. From my point of view it is not fair but may be this is common practice which I am not aware of?

  2. #2

    Nervous Newbie

    Gorilla Accounting has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi Martin,

    I apologies if our initial response gave you the impression that we refusing to pay the referral fee. This is certainly not the case. I have since tried to contact you to explain this but the number we have appears to be incorrect. If you can please contact our office on 0330 024 0406 I would be more than happy to discuss this further.

    Many Thanks

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boober View Post
    Hi folks, I need your opinion. I have to postpone my plans on changing my current accountant to a new one which I thought might be GA. But I did referred my buddy through the form on the website that is available to everyone. However after he paid for 2 month GA refuse to pay the referral premium because I am not their client. From my point of view it is not fair but may be this is common practice which I am not aware of?
    Well it does say on their site...

    We hope you enjoy being a client of Gorilla Accounting, so much so, that you’ll want to recommend us to your friends and colleagues
    Why not explain your situation to them and ask them to keep it on the backburner for when you do sign up and collect in then? Everyone is a winner.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #4

    More time posting than coding

    DeludedKitten is a permanent contractor

    DeludedKitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    321

    Default

    How can you give an accurate referral if you are not a client?

    Colleague asked me today about accountant recommendations because he's fed up with the last mistake from SJD. I pointed him to a few places but since I don't use them I'm not expecting them to give me a referral just for mentioning their name.
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    chopper is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    So when you sign up, use your buddy's details as your referrer, and get him to give you the referral fee? Or half of it.

    Winner winner, corned beef dinner.

  6. #6

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    How can you give an accurate referral if you are not a client?

    Colleague asked me today about accountant recommendations because he's fed up with the last mistake from SJD. I pointed him to a few places but since I don't use them I'm not expecting them to give me a referral just for mentioning their name.
    Why not? I did a research on the topic spending many hours to find the trusted company that I personally want to use. Why I cannot refer another person? If I would be a client for one month can I refer then or I need to wait for one year?

  7. #7

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well it does say on their site...
    Why not explain your situation to them and ask them to keep it on the backburner for when you do sign up and collect in then? Everyone is a winner.
    It is nowhere said that you must be a client isn't it? I am not sure about my company future in light of the IR35 changes I would really like to use Gorilla but don't know when yet. Anyway I have got a response from them that they just need an invoice from a company because they cannot pay to my personal account. Also sound strange to me. How my company is relevant to that? I have to speak to my accountant. May be someone can share their experience on the topic?

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boober View Post
    It is nowhere said that you must be a client isn't it? I am not sure about my company future in light of the IR35 changes I would really like to use Gorilla but don't know when yet. Anyway I have got a response from them that they just need an invoice from a company because they cannot pay to my personal account. Also sound strange to me. How my company is relevant to that? I have to speak to my accountant. May be someone can share their experience on the topic?
    The quote about you having to be a client is on this page.
    Refer a Friend | GBP100 for Every Client You Refer to Us >> Gorilla Accounting

    I was surprised when I was first asked to invoice for it. I thought about asking can you just not pay me it personally and I'll forget you paid me it... But realised this was my accountant I was talking to
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,785

    Default

    I see they have posted so it must have been stuck waiting for approval. Why don't you call them and erm... Speak to your not yet accountant?

    You are making a right mountain out of a molehill if you don't mind me saying.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  10. #10

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    The quote about you having to be a client is on this page.
    Refer a Friend | GBP100 for Every Client You Refer to Us >> Gorilla Accounting

    I was surprised when I was first asked to invoice for it. I thought about asking can you just not pay me it personally and I'll forget you paid me it... But realised this was my accountant I was talking to
    I may be blind but I cannot see where does it say anything like "only available for the clients" or "must be a client of us"?

    So your point is that I need to have a company to receive the referral premium in case if I forget that I have been paid and they can prove by showing the invoice or what?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •