• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If at first you don't succeed try, try again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If at first you don't succeed try, try again

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pean-army.html

And the Germans are going to have another crack at taking over Europe. God help us.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

And the Germans are going to have another crack at taking over Europe. God help us.
    I wonder if the German element of this "true european army" will have access to real guns, or will they just use broomsticks again?

German army paints broomsticks black to resemble machine guns in Nato exercises | The Independent

Who knows, their Elf in Safety might even allow them to fight after dark in extreme circumstances......like a wholesale French Surrender or the Italians changing sides again??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What a load of bollox. Even the UK supports a European Army after Brexit
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Reference?

Otherwise it's wiser to assume that the UK wouldn't want the role of NATO to be undercut by some EU army...
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Reference?
          You'll be lucky. Nah, it is just big mutton-head opening his gob and letting his guts rumble again!!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I don't, that's why I voted out.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

At least the Mail doesn't have to write new copy.

Comment

Reference?

Otherwise it's wiser to assume that the UK wouldn't want the role of NATO to be undercut by some EU army...
                Nine EU states, including UK, sign off on joint military intervention force – POLITICO
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

As with every other issue, economy, immigration etc. this is completely ignoring the real differences between national interests.

If we pay huge sums to fund a European army it may be useful if there is a war with Russia but what if Argentina invades the Falklands again? Are the other nations really going to approve sending a force to defend it?

We aren't the only nation that, due to history, is or might get involved in conflicts that do not impact other European nations, France has troops all over Africa to support against insurgents. Doubt UK citizens want to fund those.

France's Military Is All Over Africa - Business Insider

And who will pay a major share of this project? Probably not the Germans.

German military is falling behind, and the US is putting it on notice - Business Insider

One more reason to get OUT.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Reference?

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You'll be lucky. Nah, it is just big mutton-head opening his gob and letting his guts rumble again!!
                    I don't, that's why I voted out.
                    Another reference, one from the idiocrity:

If Britain is to Brexit properly, it must get out of the EU’s Defence Union - Get Britain Out
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X