May resigns May resigns - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: May resigns

  1. #11

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    The lady's not for turning. Though the 'iron lady' probably is in her grave.
    They got rid of Maggie in the end though. I can't see May going of her own accord ever, what's it going to take?...
    Because feelings...

  2. #12

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,125

    Default

    She seems determined to get fired rather than resign.

    Which, you realise then only opens the doors to a wave of "an unelected PM isn't democratic, we demand an election" dross from everyone who doesn't vote Tory.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  3. #13

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    She seems determined to get fired rather than resign.

    Which, you realise then only opens the doors to a wave of "an unelected PM isn't democratic, we demand an election" dross from everyone who doesn't vote Tory.
    Well thats we she called the GE in 2016 - so at least everyone could have a vote on her....

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors

    chopper is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    She seems determined to get fired rather than resign.

    Which, you realise then only opens the doors to a wave of "an unelected PM isn't democratic, we demand an election" dross from everyone who doesn't vote Tory.
    Because it's true. Whoever replaces her will start their own agenda without a mandate to do so.

    Bizarrely, bookies offering 6/1 favourite on Boris '***** business' Johnson to replace her. I'm not sure why, if he stood again, all his cretinous nonsense which keeps getting conveniently forgotten about will re-emerge.

  5. #15

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Because it's true. Whoever replaces her will start their own agenda without a mandate to do so.

    Bizarrely, bookies offering 6/1 favourite on Boris '***** business' Johnson to replace her. I'm not sure why, if he stood again, all his cretinous nonsense which keeps getting conveniently forgotten about will re-emerge.
    What are the odds on JRM?
    Because feelings...

  6. #16

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    What are the odds on JRM?

    He's not going to stand. He doesn't want it yet.

    He will back BoJo for this one (maybe publicly at first, but dropping away after), that way he gets rid of his biggest challenger for the next time around.
    Like his off-shore tax dodging, JRM is playing the long game here.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  7. #17

    Super poster

    Hobosapien - scorchio!

    Hobosapien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    LA - la la fantasy land
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    They got rid of Maggie in the end though. I can't see May going of her own accord ever, what's it going to take?...
    Someone to terminator.


    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    He's not going to stand. He doesn't want it yet.

    He will back BoJo for this one (maybe publicly at first, but dropping away after), that way he gets rid of his biggest challenger for the next time around.
    Like his off-shore tax dodging, JRM is playing the long game here.
    So that's why so many tories want out of the EU, probably.

    Is this why Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg want a fast Brexit? | Latest Brexit news and top stories - The New European
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

  8. #18

    Contractor Among Contractors

    chopper is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    What are the odds on JRM?
    10/1, but I don't see it. The thing with Mogg is that his anti-EU rhetoric stems from his fear of the impending EU Anti Tax Avoidance legislation. It's sickening that he duped so many people into thinking he is the solution to their problems.

    Fact is, he doesn't want a bad Brexit on his watch (it is now apparent there is no other type of Brexit), he'll be happy for someone else to take that can, he's never held a cabinet position (imagine how seething he is right now that he doesn't have a position to resign from!). Nah, it wont be Mogg.

    It could be BoJo, he doesn't really want Brexit though, he only backed Brexit to get to Cameron, he thought it would further his prospects to become PM in the future because he never thought Brexit would win so he'd never have to deliver on it. I doubt his views on the EU are really that far out from those of Jo Johnson (last week: "Jo Who?").

  9. #19

    Super poster

    vwdan is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    2,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    It could be BoJo, he doesn't really want Brexit though, he only backed Brexit to get to Cameron, he thought it would further his prospects to become PM in the future because he never thought Brexit would win so he'd never have to deliver on it. I doubt his views on the EU are really that far out from those of Jo Johnson (last week: "Jo Who?").

    You mean like the time he wrote an entire Pro-EU article, before deciding which side benefited him the most. Self serving piece of crap. How Brexiters continue to be so utterly blind to such clear manipulation is something I suspect I'll struggle with until the end of time.

  10. #20

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    How Brexiters continue to be so utterly blind to such clear manipulation is something I suspect I'll struggle with until the end of time.

    It's quite simple. It's not that they are utterly blind but that they do not want to see, If they did then they would have to admit they were wrong and admitting you are wrong is not a Brexit thing, the Brexit mantra is to shirk responsibility and blame the EU. If the EU cannot be blamed, then blame others.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •