• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    The lady's not for turning. Though the 'iron lady' probably is in her grave.
    They got rid of Maggie in the end though. I can't see May going of her own accord ever, what's it going to take?...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

She seems determined to get fired rather than resign.

Which, you realise then only opens the doors to a wave of "an unelected PM isn't democratic, we demand an election" dross from everyone who doesn't vote Tory.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Which, you realise then only opens the doors to a wave of "an unelected PM isn't democratic, we demand an election" dross from everyone who doesn't vote Tory.
        Well thats we she called the GE in 2016 - so at least everyone could have a vote on her....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Because it's true. Whoever replaces her will start their own agenda without a mandate to do so.

Bizarrely, bookies offering 6/1 favourite on Boris '***** business' Johnson to replace her. I'm not sure why, if he stood again, all his cretinous nonsense which keeps getting conveniently forgotten about will re-emerge.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            Because it's true. Whoever replaces her will start their own agenda without a mandate to do so.

Bizarrely, bookies offering 6/1 favourite on Boris '***** business' Johnson to replace her. I'm not sure why, if he stood again, all his cretinous nonsense which keeps getting conveniently forgotten about will re-emerge.
            What are the odds on JRM?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

He's not going to stand. He doesn't want it yet.

He will back BoJo for this one (maybe publicly at first, but dropping away after), that way he gets rid of his biggest challenger for the next time around.
              Like his off-shore tax dodging, JRM is playing the long game here.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They got rid of Maggie in the end though. I can't see May going of her own accord ever, what's it going to take?...
                Someone to terminator.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                He's not going to stand. He doesn't want it yet.

He will back BoJo for this one (maybe publicly at first, but dropping away after), that way he gets rid of his biggest challenger for the next time around.
                Like his off-shore tax dodging, JRM is playing the long game here.
                So that's why so many tories want out of the EU, probably.

Is this why Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg want a fast Brexit? | Latest Brexit news and top stories - The New European
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

10/1, but I don't see it. The thing with Mogg is that his anti-EU rhetoric stems from his fear of the impending EU Anti Tax Avoidance legislation. It's sickening that he duped so many people into thinking he is the solution to their problems.

Fact is, he doesn't want a bad Brexit on his watch (it is now apparent there is no other type of Brexit), he'll be happy for someone else to take that can, he's never held a cabinet position (imagine how seething he is right now that he doesn't have a position to resign from!). Nah, it wont be Mogg.

It could be BoJo, he doesn't really want Brexit though, he only backed Brexit to get to Cameron, he thought it would further his prospects to become PM in the future because he never thought Brexit would win so he'd never have to deliver on it. I doubt his views on the EU are really that far out from those of Jo Johnson (last week: "Jo Who?").
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    It could be BoJo, he doesn't really want Brexit though, he only backed Brexit to get to Cameron, he thought it would further his prospects to become PM in the future because he never thought Brexit would win so he'd never have to deliver on it. I doubt his views on the EU are really that far out from those of Jo Johnson (last week: "Jo Who?").

You mean like the time he wrote an entire Pro-EU article, before deciding which side benefited him the most. Self serving piece of crap. How Brexiters continue to be so utterly blind to such clear manipulation is something I suspect I'll struggle with until the end of time.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      How Brexiters continue to be so utterly blind to such clear manipulation is something I suspect I'll struggle with until the end of time.

It's quite simple. It's not that they are utterly blind but that they do not want to see, If they did then they would have to admit they were wrong and admitting you are wrong is not a Brexit thing, the Brexit mantra is to shirk responsibility and blame the EU. If the EU cannot be blamed, then blame others.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X