• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dominic Raab Resigns!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exactly, do as I do not as I say.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So, officially, who's in charge of Brexit now? Is it all just Michel Barnier, or have the Tories got anyone left who will represent the UK?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Another project manager realises (a bit too late considering the history of brexit) that the boss wants to meddle and it's not only a poisoned chalice but also a noose for a scapegoat.

Let May stand and fall on her own decision to push through a plan that couldn't have been more damaging to the UK if Drunker had wrote it himself.

Sounds like the proposal would have been voted down in parliament anyway unless May was willing to give the DUP a few more billion to back her on NI soft border with mainland UK.

All heading for a new referendum where government will be hoping a vote remain is delivered this time. That or a hard brexit and chaos as there has been insufficient planning and will need the EU to agree a transition period.

Oh well.
        It is indeed time.

Brexiteers must be in a panic though - if they bring down May, and a GE is the end result, they may never get their Brexit. Labour may have a leave leader, but I can't see them getting a majority in Westminster so they will need the support of SNP and we know they are remain. If Labour get in the Brexit will be as soft as Shaun's head

I am so loving watching all this unfold. It's better than a badly written soap opera
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Komrade Kolonel Korbyn

HTH

Comment

Esther McVey gone now as well.

Domino's anyone?
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Accept no cheap substitutes to the Official AOC protected threads!

FTFY. Merged

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                This can only end in one super hard withdrawl as our politicians will never agree.
                There was never going to be any deal - good or bad. There was never the slightest reason to suppose the EU would set up some sort of Special Anglo-European Trading Zone. The Brexiteers couldn't get away from cake-and-eat-it but it was always pie in the sky.

There was only

1) Remain
                1a) BRINO or
                1b) Cancel Brexit

or

2) Leave
                2a) Hard Brexit

We would aways eventually get to this denouement. But what you need to notice is Brexit has lost a lot of mindshare. The Tories will tear themselves apart over the bad deal but Option (2) has all but gone. It's now just a matter of what kind of (1) we get. And although very noisy it doesn't really matter (unless you are some sort of religious nut who thinks 'sovereignty' is somehow relevant in the real world).
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Domino's anyone?
                  Great idea!
                  Can I have a Pepperoni feast please.

Better than popcorn for this.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Rees-Mogg sought after reading through draft EU report:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      FTFY. Merged

Comment

Working...
                      X