• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Leadership Ballot 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory Leadership Ballot 2018

<placeholder>

Who will win ????

It's a poison chalice, I doubt any "big hitters" will put themselves forward.

OTOH maybe May will play hardball and just call a GE !!

Oh Jeremy Corbyn !!

Comment

Or maybe She will pull it off and go down in history?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        Or maybe She will pull it off and go down in history?
        Maybe, but the news channels are saying it's curtains.

Comment

I suspect she spent a good chunk of last nights meeting pointing out the cabinets obligations

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
            JRM and BoJo will take a back seat now, they want a GE.
            They want the Tories to lose and for Labour to get in, and will do their best to derail the Tory campaign as much as possible.

Then, in a few years time, before the following GE, they'll call a Tory leadership vote.
            That GE, in 3-5 years time will be fought by JRM/BoJo as a "Look at what the Labour government did! Leaving the EU failed because of Labour. Labour are the only ones to blame for the state of the country and country's relationships with the world, etc"

They will rely on the short-term memory of their supporters, and will sweep to power for at least 2 terms, putting in more austerity and blaming Labour.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That GE, in 3-5 years time will be fought by JRM/BoJo as a "Look at what the Labour government did! Leaving the EU failed because of Labour. Labour are the only ones to blame for the state of the country and country's relationships with the world, etc"
              Except Labour will win the next GE on the basis of cancelling Brexit, winning a larger portion of the younger voters they already have onside.

The old tories will have to suck it up in their care homes as Labour pander to the youngsters and rebalance the situation where currently the oldies have better pensions, affordable home ownership (mostly due to no mortgage), and more disposable income.

The tories are doing a lib dem, self destruction by aligning themselves with the devil. In this case Cameron sold them to oblivion on a referendum to leave the EU no one but the delusional thought could be delivered.

Labour will prove by cancelling brexit (by way of a new 'peoples vote' to give them permission) that they can influence EU change from the inside by retaining UK's current power and veto over things such as EU army that the UK will never allow as it would damage the UK/US 'special relationship' for a start.

Sorted in time for Christmas.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Drugs are bad Mckay

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Except Labour will win the next GE on the basis of cancelling Brexit, winning a larger portion of the younger voters they already have onside.

The old tories will have to suck it up in their care homes as Labour pander to the youngsters and rebalance the situation where currently the oldies have better pensions, affordable home ownership (mostly due to no mortgage), and more disposable income.

The tories are doing a lib dem, self destruction by aligning themselves with the devil. In this case Cameron sold them to oblivion on a referendum to leave the EU no one but the delusional thought could be delivered.

Labour will prove by cancelling brexit (by way of a new 'peoples vote' to give them permission) that they can influence EU change from the inside by retaining UK's current power and veto over things such as EU army that the UK will never allow as it would damage the UK/US 'special relationship' for a start.

Sorted in time for Christmas.
                  I've never voted Labour in my life, but if they offered no Brexit on the ballot I'd break a rule of a lifetime just for the craic of seeing the gammons get upset

Up to 2010 had always voted Tory .... after this mess, I will never vote Tory again
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

May is holding a press conference at 5pm. Let the leadership battle commence if she doesn't resign first.

Though Gove has been offered role of Brexit Secretary (what a job that is ) and will accept it if he can persue a different deal. What deal could he be after, cancellation of brexit? After all he was a secret remainer along with Bozo when leading the 'leave' campaign in the referendum. i.e. They'll swim in whatever direction suits their political career.

Tory party meltdown in spectacular style, all thanks to Cameron.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X