• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can a non-IR35 non-domiciled contractor to a UK client bill the client from an offsho

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a non-IR35 non-domiciled contractor to a UK client bill the client from an offsho

I am a contractor to a UK client and am considering moving to live in the UK. My contracts are outside IR35 and in the UK I would be non-domiciled for tax purposes. Could I legally have an offshore company bill the client and have payments made to an offshore account then only pay UK income tax on that income which I remit to the UK?

Hmmm. You want to move here, work here, use all the public services available, enjoy Great Britain and its enormous culture but want to pay no tax for the privilege?

Tax avoidance forum is that way....scheme enquiries..
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

You can do it if you can find a client who’ll pay to an offshore company.

I’m not sure how you think you can be a non-dom if you live here.
      And if you were to be a non-dom why you’d bother with the offshore company.

Sounds like you are a long way from where you think you are and are asking the wrong questions.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Good luck finding a client that wants to be part of that setup...
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Who owns and runs the (from a UK perspective) offshore company? If it is you, then it is likely that the HMRC will deem the company to be a UK domiciled company despite its overseas origins, because you are running it while being physically located in the UK - the company's management is in the UK.

To get around this you will have to physically leave the UK every time you want to get the company to do anything, such as pay a salary, pay tax, complete accounts, etc.

Comment

Call yourself Jeff Amazon, that might help...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stedek97 View Post
                I am a contractor to a UK client and am considering moving to live in the UK. My contracts are outside IR35 and in the UK I would be non-domiciled for tax purposes. Could I legally have an offshore company bill the client and have payments made to an offshore account then only pay UK income tax on that income which I remit to the UK?
                Can I recommend the Oude Joris Max 120 remuneration vehicle, domiciled in the Dutch Antilles?

Comment

Originally posted by Stedek97 View Post
                  1: No UK clients are going to agree to that arrangement, because there will be consequences for them when HMRC find out what's going on.
                  2: When you come to declare "foreign income" and HMRC put two and two together (which they will, surprisingly quickly) the consequences for you will be far worse. I'm talking asbestos underpants kind of worse.

And good luck getting non-dom status, unless your first name is "Sheikh" I don't rate your chances. Do report back though, we could all do with cheering up...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

And good luck getting non-dom status, unless your first name is "Sheikh" I don't rate your chances.
                    My first name is Sheikh. How do I do it?

Comment

Working...
                    X