• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SW rail...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Child #2 made it as far as the station before giving up and coming home.

That line is getting worse and worse. And the fares are going up and up.
    Youth of today, no bloody stamina or resilience!

If it's less than 10 miles then they could've walked it. Do you know what a bicycle is then? Or is child #2 a "gifted" child who carries their "Grand Piano" on their backs everywhere so can't cycle to school?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Youth of today, no bloody stamina or resilience!

If it's less than 10 miles then they could've walked it. Do you know what a bicycle is then? Or is child #2 a "gifted" child who carries their "Grand Piano" on their backs everywhere so can't cycle to school?
      Child#2 is 25 and works in London.

Over 50% of her take home pay goes on travel, so she is rightly pissed off.

Comment

She needs to start making some proper decisions then.

Perhaps if she'd gone to the same school as sasguru she'd be as rich and successful - admittedly SW don't run trains to fantasy island.

25 years old? The last time I saw you, you didn't look *that* old.
        Last edited by Zigenare; 19 November 2018, 18:43.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          She needs to start making some proper decisions then.

Perhaps if she'd gone to the same school as sasguru she'd be as rich and successful - admittedly SW don't run trains to fantasy island.

25 years old? The last time I saw you, you didn't look *that* old.
          wot? - hogwarts?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            wot? - feckwits SCHOOL FOR SNOBBISH CHILDREN?

FTFY!

hey barmy i hope you like the case.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I got caught in it as well. Got the 5:30 which was on time and then was turfed off at Basingstoke with the "we advise you to go home" notice. I eventually made it back to my house at 07:30. At least I can WFH. Not sure what's going to happen tomorrow as no doubt all the rolling stock will be in the wrong place.

At least it's better than Friday when I lost a day's billing as my Internet was down (Virgin).
              Don't worry Virgin will give you back the cost of a days internet connection if you complain and you are on a business plan...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Don't worry Virgin will give you back the cost of a days internet connection if you complain and you are on a business plan...
                Wow - what would you spend that on???

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Wow - what would you spend that on???
                  If you are a Bremoaner you could use it as a down payment for some Pampers.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

At least it's better than Friday when I lost a day's billing as my Internet was down (Virgin).
                    Tulippe...
                    you not have 4geeee?
                    tulippe...

Comment

Could have been worse... like dating a guy from Sudan....
                      On that note, is she single (and weight less than 60 kg)?

Comment

Working...
                      X