• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas decorations up yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Xmas decorations up yet?
    I had all mine done soon after Halloween....

Comment

I might buy a tree this year, and put it on the front lawn adorned with many decorations, including Santa, angels and holly. All the local kids will love it.
      And then I'll set fire to it and laugh ha ha haa..

Comment

I had all mine done soon after Halloween....
        Neighbours over the road really did. Went up as soon as they took the life size seated skeleton off the front drive.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The kids know that if there is any sign of a Christmas decoration in the house before December, Olontzero will slit their throats on Christmas Eve.

Comment

No, we agreed we'd wait until after my son's birthday which is in December. That said, he'll be 2 this year and will appreciate Christmas much more so I'm pretty excited tbh

Comment

About 2 weeks before - although think the missus will push for 3

then they come down on the 12th Night - which is Jan 5th this year.

Comment

One of the things that delays us putting up a tree is waiting for the NT to announce what days they are doing a hill clearing of them, or equally waiting for a good evening with a clear moon and clearing a couple anyway. :
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mrs B is agitating to get them put up now. We compromised on Dec. 1st.

Praying for rain as it will mean the outside tree can't go up yet. Simon Mac will confirm why, having been involved in last years logistical efforts.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    About 2 weeks before - although think the missus will push for 3

then they come down on the 12th Night - which is Jan 5th this year.
                    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Mrs B is agitating to get them put up now. We compromised on Dec. 1st.

Praying for rain as it will mean the outside tree can't go up yet. Simon Mac will confirm why, having been involved in last years logistical efforts.
                    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
                    As was pointed out to me by a bus driver (on the number 32), some lune in Skewen has had an Xmas tree (illuminated) standing in the front bay window of a house.

Since August.

Chez Strangelove is unlikely to have any decorations whatsoever.
                    Looks like I'm not the only meenie then.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

One of the things I like about having a Christmas tree is burning it. The smell of the pine and the way the needles go up in flames
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X