• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new way..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new way..

of dealing with the saturday morning bible bashers??

US man 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe' - BBC News

Today'sDarwoin award goes to

The evangelical muppet who attempted to take the word to the heathens, despite being explicitley told not to, and got himself killed by said heathens as a result.

American 'killed in India by endangered Andamans tribe' - BBC News

An American man has been killed by an endangered tribe in India's Andaman and Nicobar islands.
    Fishermen who took the man to North Sentinel island say tribespeople shot him with arrows and left his body on the beach.
    He has been identified as John Allen Chau, a 27 year old from Alabama.
    Contact with the endangered Andaman tribes living in isolation from the world is illegal because of the risks to them from outside disease.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Local media have reported that Chau may have wanted to meet the tribe to preach Christianity to them.

They sound like an enlightened bunch. Maybe we should send a few more god-botherers to visit them??
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
        It's that "KUATB" moment, all over again again.

apparently The Evil British colonised the Andaman Islands and used them as a prison.

The Japs took over in 1942 & oddly enough were even worse than us.
        Indeed. I visited the Andamans whist working over in India. Direct flights from Calcutta.

The British built a "Cellular" Prison (in the shape of a large wheel) to house many of the ringleaders of the Indian Mutiny.
        Part of it was later destroyed by an earthquake(IIRC?).

Went to a Sound and Light Show at the prison where the woes of the poor inmates were "recounted" by a Banyan Tree that had been growing there for generations.

Twas a bit eerie as we were the only white faces there as the brutal excesses of the prison guards were trotted out.

However, it was well worth seeing, even if the mosquitoes DID have a field day at Mrs SB's expense largely. Think my skin may have been too tough for them to easily chomp through.

The British garrisoned themselves on Ross Island which lay about half a mile offshore from Port Blair where the prison stood.

When the Japs left towards the end of the war the locals never returned, believing it to be haunted or some such other piffle. Very interesting place. Must have been a great posting in its day.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          They sound like an enlightened bunch. Maybe we should send a few more god-botherers to visit them??
          great idea

Comment

there's Another echo in here, maybe it's haunted?

Comment

When I was about five, my big brother and sister taught me this conversational gambit:

JWs: is your mummy or daddy at home?
              Me: I am ever so sorry but we have just sacrificed them.

Comment

Working...
              X