• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How biased is your news source?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    All news is written by some central global elite media outlet, it's the only explanation.

Or alternatively, some spotty 17 year old on work experience at the Daily Mail copied it from the Guardian.
    or die welt, in darmy's case

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      or die welt, in darmy's case
      Not me mate, you have to pay for it. I stick with the Bild, still has tits in it...none of your political correctness gone mad over here...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Evidence of your assertion? They’ve provided their methodology, whereas yours may simply be a reflection of right-wing bias (where anything compared to your bias is “left”, and anything slightly left of centre is perceived as being further left).

There’s also a possibility that their markers for left and right are based on their own (American) interpretations. Not sure how this would reflect in the UK
        I just hate politics. Lefties like you are obsessed with it and accuse everyone who doesn't want to live in an Orwellian distopia of being Hitler, it get's very boring.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          I just hate politics. Lefties like you are obsessed with it and accuse everyone who doesn't want to live in an Orwellian distopia of being Hitler, it get's very boring.
          I just hate politics. Righties like you are obsessed with it and accuse everyone who doesn't think Hitler was a bit of liberal of being a Stalin-loving snowflake millenial marxist. It get's (sic) very boring
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Case in point. First time I’ve been called a leftie, I’ve voted Tory all my life with only a single exception.

You’re so far right even Centrists look far left to you.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Has anyone noticed that both the Guardian and the Daily Mail have been reporting the same stories recently, in some cases nearly word for word?

(Well, they do occasionally sell stories to each other but recently there has been more and more of this)
              In the last week or so the Daily Mail have also abruptly switched from being staunch Brexiters to rabid Remainers.

They've really lost the plot - Most of their loyal readers are very vexed indeed at this bizarre development and are deserting them in droves for the Telegraph!

Apparently it's all due to the previous editor, Paul Dacre, resigning and the new editor being henpecked and threatened by his Remainer wife into changing their editorial stance.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                In the last week or so the Daily Mail have also abruptly switched from being staunch Brexiters to rabid Remainers.

They've really lost the plot - Most of their loyal readers are very vexed indeed at this bizarre development and are deserting them in droves for the Telegraph!

Apparently it's all due to the previous editor, Paul Dacre, resigning and the new editor being henpecked and threatened by his Remainer wife into changing their editorial stance.
                Ah but you have to be careful there as the new editor of the DM, Geordie Grieg (I think that's his name) was previously editor of the Mail on Sunday and the new editor of the MoS is a Leaver. When you look at the online version, particularly on a Sunday, it's not possible to tell which version of the rag the article comes from
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Case in point. First time I’ve been called a leftie, I’ve voted Tory all my life with only a single exception.

You’re so far right even Centrists look far left to you.
                  Exactly my point. I've also voted Tory all my life. I'm certainly not a leftie! I haven't been able to abide that bunch of losers since university - 1987-1990.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Isn't the American left still pretty right - if you get my drift?

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                      Isn't the American left still pretty right - if you get my drift?
                      Well it has been for most of my life but very recently it has taken a sharp turn to the left which is bewildering many long-term moderate Democrats. Looks to me like a cynical ploy to get the migrant vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X