• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How biased is your news source?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How biased is your news source?

This is mostly focussed on US media, but still mentions some UK sources as well.

Here's the source, and if you search their site, you'll see how they arrived at their conclusions. It's something that they monitor and update regularly:
    Media Bias Chart: Version 4.0 - ad fontes media
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Well the Daily Mail has Selective or Incomplete Stories; Unfair persuasion and has a foot in the Nonsense damaging to public discourse catagory. Whodathunkit.

If they are that accurate with the rest of the table then it must be right
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I get all my news from here, so not biased at all!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I get all my news from here, so not biased at all!

You get the full political spectrum of views here, but it's all nonsense....

Comment

I treat all news sources with the suspicious contempt they deserve.

Even that chart is skewed, the Economist and Guardian are far more left than it suggests, for example.

Best just to talk about IT, at least until we are all replaced by cheap labour from abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            I treat all news sources with the suspicious contempt they deserve.

Even that chart is skewed, the Economist and Guardian are far more left than it suggests, for example.

Best just to talk about IT, at least until we are all replaced by cheap labour from abroad.
            Evidence of your assertion? They’ve provided their methodology, whereas yours may simply be a reflection of right-wing bias (where anything compared to your bias is “left”, and anything slightly left of centre is perceived as being further left).

There’s also a possibility that their markers for left and right are based on their own (American) interpretations. Not sure how this would reflect in the UK

Comment

If it’s not Official. the it should not be trusted.

Simples.

Comment

Has anyone noticed that both the Guardian and the Daily Mail have been reporting the same stories recently, in some cases nearly word for word?

(Well, they do occasionally sell stories to each other but recently there has been more and more of this)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Has anyone noticed that both the Guardian and the Daily Mail have been reporting the same stories recently, in some cases nearly word for word?

(Well, they do occasionally sell stories to each other but recently there has been more and more of this)
                  All news is written by some central global elite media outlet, it's the only explanation.

Or alternatively, some spotty 17 year old on work experience at the Daily Mail copied it from the Guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Economies of scale...

Comment

Working...
                    X