Anyone using RBS? Anyone using RBS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,161

    Exclamation Anyone using RBS?

    Might want to consider another bank after reading this.

    RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam - BBC News

    A Royal Bank of Scotland customer had more than £4,300 stolen from her account by a fraudulent caller who answered one of her security questions wrongly, BBC Watchdog Live has found.

    For more than a year, the bank insisted Charlotte Higman had been aware of the transaction and refused to refund her.

    The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) backed RBS after the initial complaint.

    But earlier this month, RBS apologised and issued Charlotte a full refund, after Watchdog Live's investigation.
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,103

    Default

    Shocking - I am truly amazed fraudsters pulled that off - given that parts of RBS going down on regular basis...

  3. #3

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,161

    Default

    Why don't phone banking services insist on customers using a two-factor authentication, which requires you to put in your debit card into a reader, enter a pin, and generate a secure code for every transaction. Any bank not using two factor authentication should be 100% liable for every fraud.

    I bank with Nationwide and any transaction requires the use of this:

    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  4. #4

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,103

    Default

    Your ex-wife left you money worth stealing?


  5. #5

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,161

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Your ex-wife left you money worth stealing?

    Enough for me to nip downstairs and buy a shish kebab whenever I feel like it.
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

    greenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I bank with Nationwide and any transaction requires the use of this:

    I use something similar to that....


  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Enough for me to nip downstairs and buy a shish kebab whenever I feel like it.
    I knew you got skewered


  8. #8

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Why don't phone banking services insist on customers using a two-factor authentication, which requires you to put in your debit card into a reader, enter a pin, and generate a secure code for every transaction. Any bank not using two factor authentication should be 100% liable for every fraud.

    I bank with Nationwide and any transaction requires the use of this:

    I have a similar Barclays device. I used to use RBS, but they were beyond crap. So much so that I ditched them before the end of the 2 year fee-free period. I'd rather pay for a decent service than put up with RBS.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  9. #9

    More time posting than coding

    fiisch is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    226

    Default

    I'm still waiting on the FOS to rule on my CashPlus complaint... Card was used for £6k fraudulently.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiisch View Post
    I'm still waiting on the FOS to rule on my CashPlus complaint... Card was used for £6k fraudulently.
    With PIn used?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •