• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone using RBS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using RBS?

Might want to consider another bank after reading this.

RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam - BBC News

A Royal Bank of Scotland customer had more than £4,300 stolen from her account by a fraudulent caller who answered one of her security questions wrongly, BBC Watchdog Live has found.

For more than a year, the bank insisted Charlotte Higman had been aware of the transaction and refused to refund her.

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) backed RBS after the initial complaint.

But earlier this month, RBS apologised and issued Charlotte a full refund, after Watchdog Live's investigation.

Shocking - I am truly amazed fraudsters pulled that off - given that parts of RBS going down on regular basis...

Comment

Why don't phone banking services insist on customers using a two-factor authentication, which requires you to put in your debit card into a reader, enter a pin, and generate a secure code for every transaction. Any bank not using two factor authentication should be 100% liable for every fraud.

I bank with Nationwide and any transaction requires the use of this:

Comment

Your ex-wife left you money worth stealing?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Your ex-wife left you money worth stealing?

Enough for me to nip downstairs and buy a shish kebab whenever I feel like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I use something similar to that....

Comment

Enough for me to nip downstairs and buy a shish kebab whenever I feel like it.
              I knew you got skewered

Comment

Why don't phone banking services insist on customers using a two-factor authentication, which requires you to put in your debit card into a reader, enter a pin, and generate a secure code for every transaction. Any bank not using two factor authentication should be 100% liable for every fraud.

I have a similar Barclays device. I used to use RBS, but they were beyond crap. So much so that I ditched them before the end of the 2 year fee-free period. I'd rather pay for a decent service than put up with RBS.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm still waiting on the FOS to rule on my CashPlus complaint... Card was used for £6k fraudulently.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
                    I'm still waiting on the FOS to rule on my CashPlus complaint... Card was used for £6k fraudulently.
                    With PIn used?

Comment

Working...
                    X