• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potholes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potholes

Beast from the East blamed as pothole compensation claims double

Highways England has blamed the Beast from the East storm for the number of pothole compensation claims against it more than doubling in 2017/18.

There were 528 successful claims relating to vehicle damage caused by potholes last year, up from 212 in 2016/17 and 187 in 2015/16.

Over the same period, the cost to Highways England of settling the claims rose from £54,301 to £164,341.
    The organisation said in a statement: "Safety is our top priority."

Beast from the East blamed as pothole compensation claims double - BBC News

FFS - 165k, no wonder they don’t fix them if payouts only cost so little

True story. Many years ago my car alloy wheel and tyre was destroyed by a very deep pothole, it was late at night, I changed to the spare wheel and continued my journey home.

I contacted the council stating I would be claiming compensation. A few days later, at the weekend I went back to measure and photograph the hole, but bugger me, the council had come out and filled the fecker with a temporary repair.

Comment

All that to get 2 hundred quid?

I wonder how much they settle for getting crashed into wall...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        All that to get 2 hundred quid?
        Times was hard, I was a permie back then.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Times was hard, I was a permie back then.
          What are you now - kebab shop owner?

Comment

A few days later, at the weekend I went back to measure and photograph the hole, but bugger me, the council had come out and filled the fecker with a temporary repair.
            They saw you coming from a mile away....

Comment

What are you now - kebab shop owner?

I am way above the kebab shop owner mate...

Comment

I am way above the kebab shop owner mate...
                And you always will be

Comment

Everyone knows you buy in the dip
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Beast from the East blamed as pothole compensation claims double

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X