• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Forums Bill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Forums Bill

Whislt there is a significant section of our society who are upset that the EU shouldn't be allowed to pass laws in the UK, the simple fact is that the UK government is perfectly capable of its own oppressive legislation, far worse than anything the EU tries to 'impose' on it. Like this proposed bill, for example.

Online Forums Bill

Make administrators and moderators of certain online forums responsible for
    content published on those forums; to require such administrators and
    moderators to remove certain content; to require platforms to publish
    information about such forums; and for connected purposes.
    Whilst the EU is more interested in bastardly things like Working Time Directives, ensuring more annual leave for employees, improving air quality, improving the quality of goods on sale in the EU, Anti Tax Avoidance rules, removing barriers such as mobile roaming charges across the UK, preventing discrimination just because someone is from country A in the EU rather then country B, and legislation around late payment of commercial debts. How very dare they.

The above bill is highly unlikely to become law as it is a private member's bill without government support, but the fact it is out there and isn't too far removed from the Investigatory Powers Act and other snooping they try and force on us.
    Taking a break from contracting

Now that's what I call a ban hammer.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

AtW will have a wet dream over this.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        Whislt there is a significant section of our society who are upset that the EU shouldn't be allowed to pass laws in the UK, the simple fact is that the UK government is perfectly capable of its own oppressive legislation, far worse than anything the EU tries to 'impose' on it. Like this proposed bill, for example.

Online Forums Bill

Whilst the EU is more interested in bastardly things like Working Time Directives, ensuring more annual leave for employees, improving air quality, improving the quality of goods on sale in the EU, Anti Tax Avoidance rules, removing barriers such as mobile roaming charges across the UK, preventing discrimination just because someone is from country A in the EU rather then country B, and legislation around late payment of commercial debts. How very dare they.

The above bill is highly unlikely to become law as it is a private member's bill without government support, but the fact it is out there and isn't too far removed from the Investigatory Powers Act and other snooping they try and force on us.

in a country which has more cameras than where is it

this is only inevitable

good luck all

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Now that's what I call a ban hammer.
          Make administrators and moderators of certain online forums responsible for
          content published on those forums
          The last thing we need is for you to have even more power...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

Online Forums Bill

Perhaps when, and if, your wife is subjected to threats and abuse on platforms such as FACEBOOK and you find out that the Police actually have no powers to take action against these scum then perhaps you will change your tune. I for one would welcome such a bill. I did offer my help to the Police to sort this matter out but was warned that I would be arrested if I took such action.

Comment

Police got plenty of powers.

There ain't enough police.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                Perhaps when, and if, your wife is subjected to threats and abuse on platforms such as FACEBOOK and you find out that the Police actually have no powers to take action against these scum then perhaps you will change your tune. I for one would welcome such a bill. I did offer my help to the Police to sort this matter out but was warned that I would be arrested if I took such action.
                A good excuse to stop using the time thief that is Facebook, no?
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  Man jailed for targeting grieving families with online abuse | The Crown Prosecution Service

Maybe point the police to: Stalking and Harassment | The Crown Prosecution Service
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    The last thing we need is for you to have even more power...

indeed in our mods case

"with great power comes great

Confusion"
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X