• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news! The weather is getting warmer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news! The weather is getting warmer

Climate change: UK summers could be over 5C warmer by 2070 - BBC News

Climate change: UK summers could be over 5C warmer by 2070
    And snowfall will be a thing of the past no doubt!

Meanwhile a Trumpette sees it as all good news as it will make shipping cheaper when the North West Passage is open all year round.
    Jacob Wohl on Twitter: "The melting of the Polar Ice Cap will open up The Northern Sea route to shipping, greatly reducing the cost to ship goods from place to place

Indeed, Global Warming is something to be excited about!… https://t.co/4Y4aK9UJ1t"

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Meanwhile a Trumpette sees it as all good news as it will make shipping cheaper when the North West Passage is open all year round.
      Jacob Wohl on Twitter: "The melting of the Polar Ice Cap will open up The Northern Sea route to shipping, greatly reducing the cost to ship goods from place to place

Indeed, Global Warming is something to be excited about!… https://t.co/4Y4aK9UJ1t"

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum
      Sounds great, except no coastal cities will exist to ship goods from/to etc etc.

but hey, when will <fake> physics bother the trumpet ??

Comment

We're starting to enter a new minimum thanks to reduced solar activity, this is going to at least counter the effects of the greenhouse effect and buy humanity some time. Let's see if the politicians can put that life-line to good use? I'm not holding my breath though.
        Last edited by TwoWolves; 26 November 2018, 23:41.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          I'm not holding my breath though.
          Well, if you did, it would reduce the amount of CO2 you produced and the amount of O2 you used...

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Sounds great, except no coastal cities will exist to ship goods from/to etc etc.
            Plenty of time to dredge the seabeds and build new islands with all that sand. Eureka! No more flooded coastlines and plenty of new islands to sell to the world's rich at immense profit.

China have been doing this for years in the South China Seas area.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              There will, just that they will be new coastal cites. A smart forward thinking investor might determine where the new coastline is likely to end up and buy the land now to sell at a profit when the new coastline is established. now what could possibly go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                There will, just that they will be new coastal cites. A smart forward thinking investor might determine where the new coastline is likely to end up and buy the land now to sell at a profit when the new coastline is established. now what could possibly go wrong!
                Dover will no longer be a critical port

The Fens and Broads will be tidal again, the flood plains where all the houses were built cheaply will flood, it's all positive

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Dover will no longer be a critical port

The Fens and Broads will be tidal again, the flood plains where all the houses were built cheaply will flood, it's all positive
                  Ah, time to resurrect my idea of living on a boat in a field to avoid planning issues. No need to even bother digging a pond to float it in if I get some cheap floodplain land. Prices are bound to sink on this news.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

There are too many people on the planet. Until those alive wake up to the fact that fertility must be controlled, things will get worse. Then people will die horrible deaths - lack of water, food, or from pollution.
                    Last edited by GreenMirror; 27 November 2018, 13:04.

Comment

Working...
                    X