• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You throw caution to the wind if you like. I measure risk. That's what I've done throughout my entire career. If the risks out way the benefits, then its a no go until proven otherwise.
    Try learning when to use apostrophes first

Comment

Right now the risk is damn high. And I'll tell you why. The bet is a stock that's already done 16x is going 2-3x. That's simply greed.

There's another point I din't mention in the above chart, fake outs: Fakeouts. Fakeouts are what happen when a stock breaks through a critical resistance and investors now believe there's a clear run to the next level. Außerdem (so much nicer than besides no?), a fakeout needs to confirm support on previous resistance. Without this confirmation, the risk is that much greater.

Is there a signal that could indicate a Fakeout? Yes, decreasing volume proportional to increasing price. The chart below tells us exactly that. That's why the risk is damn high. Smart money got off the bus way back.

This is exactly how I advise clients when making decisions. I never tell them what to do. I tell the risks of each path.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You throw caution to the wind if you like. I measure risk. That's what I've done throughout my entire career. If the risks out way the benefits, then its a no go until proven otherwise.
        How's the £100K per BTC prediction going and the Lambos for everyone mantra working out.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          How's the £100K per BTC prediction going and the Lambos for everyone mantra working out.

My first BTC cost me £350.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And how many did you buy compared to the ones near £20K?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              And how many did you buy compared to the ones near £20K?

Never bought any near that price.

Comment

So it was ok to buy it when it had gone up at least 350 times?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  So it was ok to buy it when it had gone up at least 350 times?
                  Yes because they can’t print any more, unlike shares.

Comment

Oh deary oh deary -

Comment

39.88 USD increase 1.32 (3.42%)

Comment

Working...
                      X