• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

Starting to get full now...but there's always room for more popcorn
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Good job you cashed out at $42 eh?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

39.69 USD, Price increase 0.79 (2.03%)

Comment

"I'm trying to destroy the thinking about having 90% share inside our company because, I think it limits our thinking, I think we miss technology transitions. we miss opportunities because we're, in some ways pre-occupied with protecting 90, instead of seeing a much bigger market with much more innovation going on, both Inside our four walls, and outside our four walls, so we come to work in the morning with a 30% share, with every expectation over the next several years, that we will play a larger and larger role in our customers success, and that doesn't just an CPUs."

Intel CEO No Longer Interested In Chasing Majority Market Share In CPU, Talks 10nm Problems, 7nm Roadmap And More

Looks like it might make sense to hold AMD shares well above $100.
              Last edited by AtW; 7 December 2019, 15:50.

Comment

39.35 USD −0.28 (0.71%)

Comment

You're lucky you've had so long to take profits from this position. You're a clever boy, you can surely see how far the NASDAQ is away from its historical mean, ~4x.

There are other markets you can buy into with these profits. Forget what my interests are, if there's one universal truth, all stock markets return to the mean at some point. However the scary part is the rate at which they do it. Look at previous recession below. It's not just AMD, every tech stock in the NASDAQ shows the similar massive gains with similar massive risks to the downside.

Comment

Buckle up boy'o

Comment

At 100 bucks I might sell some shares, rest - perhaps at 1000 (pre multiple splits)

Comment

Working...
                      X