• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    He got lucky with Crypto in 2017 but I'll give him this, he had the balls to press his advantage and make a killing.

The moment when you open your eyes and realise "I know nothing", and nor does anyone else, is the real epiphany.
    He said he got lucky...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      I'm pretty sure his assertions on this forum are encroaching a failure rate of 100%,
      Go for it. Put your money where you mouth it. Although toilet paper is cheaper...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        I'm looking a bit further back than that.

Gold Prices - 100 Year Historical Chart | MacroTrends

Silver Prices - 100 Year Historical Chart | MacroTrends

In inflation adjusted terms, silver would have to go up over 6x to top it's ATH in 1980.

Even in those graphs it is clear gold is cycling from trough to peak in ~20-25 year cycles.

Co-currently we're at a peak.

Gold bugs crack me up. I keep hearing "we're investing in gold". And their reasoning is completely emotional. Smart money knows gold is only used for insurance, protecting your wealth. When the next recession comes, the big money (pension funds) are not allowed to buy gold, so they'll plough into dollars.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Even in those graphs it is clear gold is cycling from trough to peak in ~20-25 year cycles.

Co-currently we're at a peak.
          Here's a challenge for you. See if you can work out what the "obvious" is. (NB. this applies to all forms of speculation in the markets, not just day trading.)

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threa...obvious.151802
          Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 12 January 2020, 09:36.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Obvious only goes as far as the emotions you can ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ps. Never never never day trade.

No. Stop it. Just don’t even think about it.

Comment

48.63 USD Price increase 0.47 (0.97%)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  48.63 USD Price increase 0.47 (0.97%)

Do you have an exit plan? A price target to sell or scale back?

If AMD represents a significant % of your net worth, I'd have a plan. If it's small change, then no worries.

This US bull market isn't going to last forever.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

There be now two overbought indicators on my chart. And this is a weekly chart (strong indicator). Going long when a weekly chart says short is pure emotion.

Think you're using the same platform as me, Hargreaves Landown?

Options:

1) Stay in, lose the profits.

2) Sell, stay in cash. Buy back in when oversold.

3) Sell and buy into another stock or ETF.

Comment

I know you don't like it, but I'm sure you like profits... consider the Ethereum ETF. It is oversold and now showing a strong uptrend (on weekly, 3-day chart below). It would be the perfect play for some of those AMD profits while going short. What could be sexier than owning more AMD stock at the end of it all?

XBT Provider AB Share Price Ethereum Tracker EUR

Comment

Working...
                      X