• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I know, it’s just that once I have decided to do a thing, I want to do it now!
    Worst time to do ir now - especially if you want new beefy GPU!

Normally I would not recommend AMD for games but updated version will have unified 8 cores on same chiplet thus fixing high latency penalty AMD currently have in Zen 2 uarch

Zen 3 should be cracking chip for gaming - reckon will actually beat Intel proper

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Joking aside, it genuinely saddens me knowing that at some point like all stocks do since the dawn of time, it will go down... and scoots will come on claiming he was right.

Everyone knows what scoots will do before it's even happened which tells me scoots is the problem, not the stock.
      Meh, I just smile and remember back to the time he tried to armchair quarterback an event where he's a supposed domain expert and got his arse handed to him at every single stage. At this point, if Scooter informed me that water was wet I'd probably call a laboratory to get it checked out.

Mind you, the thought that he is in at least some way tangentially involved in flight safety is ******* terrifying. But then I suppose the guy who cleans the bogs at Rolls Royce is tangentially involved too.

More fool anybody who takes him for more than a delusional fantasist at this stage. He does rather clutter up the place though, I wish they'd ban it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Worst time to do ir now - especially if you want new beefy GPU!

Normally I would not recommend AMD for games but updated version will have unified 8 cores on same chiplet thus fixing high latency penalty AMD currently have in Zen 2 uarch

Zen 3 should be cracking chip for gaming - reckon will actually beat Intel proper

Not getting a GPU as I brought a good one 10mth ago - so will wait & see what the "big navi" is good for

& yes Zen 3 has potential - hence waiting..
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          I know, it’s just that once I have decided to do a thing, I want to do it now!
          Why wait? Apple silicon is already here...

Just bought a iPad pro (March 2020) release - gwd it is lightening fast, faster at processing my RAW photos than my 2018 Macbook pro??!?!? WTH?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Why wait? Apple silicon is already here...

Just bought a iPad pro (March 2020) release - gwd it is lightening fast, faster at processing my RAW photos than my 2018 Macbook pro??!?!? WTH?
            Yeah, why wait for compatible CPU when one can wait for totally new, incompatible CPU/OS with majority of PC games?

Comment

La Résistance is counter attacking - all is lost!!!

77.47 USD −0.73 (0.93%)

Comment

77.74 USD +0.32 (0.41%)

Comment

Melt up wonders...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

83.42 USD +5.75 (7.40%)

Comment

21.16 (5.38%)

Full disclosure: I am “long” on AMD
                      83.42 USD +5.75 (7.40%)

Comment

Working...
                      X