• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor lifestyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    What Porsche have you got? I've never really been a Porsche fan but quite fancy the 996, seems good value (it is old after all) and looks the part. But having said that I do quite fancy a 370 so might look a little harder at that.

Get the MR2, I had the gen2 model when it was released (company car ) and it really is fun.
    I've got a Gen 1 Cayman S. I'd not get the new one. They've dumbed down the back end so it doesn't have the humped wheel arches. Doesn't look half as, I dunno, aggressive maybe. That said the new boxter looks nicer than the old one and I'd prefer a convertible so that might be an option in time. Never been a fan of the Mercs and BMW options.

It's the Gen 3 MR2 I'd pick. I'll get flamed for saying it but the styling isn't a million miles off the Cayman but the back end is a bit ugly. I always catch myself looking at them and the Celica so gonna have to get one for a giggle I think.

I must say I've found the servicing costs of the Porsche a little eye watering. If you've enough to own a Porsche it shouldn't be an issue. Just don't love the brand enough so it seems excessive.

One upside is they hold their value. I've had mine 3 years and don't so a lot of miles so I reckon I'm only got to lose a few grand on depreciation which is a great bonus.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Friend has got the 370Z and hates it - heavy, not very exciting power delivery, and not great at getting the power down in the wet.

But then we're both used to 90s/00s JDM cars, so unless it's got a bonnet scoop, 5" exhaust, enormous rear wing and ridiculous turbo lag, we're not impressed!

+1 for someone who idolised Porsche as a child, but now I don't see them as anything particularly special and don't aspire to own one - I'd sooner have a Nissan GT-R, ageing as it is, or a hot German.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
        Friend has got the 370Z and hates it - heavy, not very exciting power delivery, and not great at getting the power down in the wet.

But then we're both used to 90s/00s JDM cars, so unless it's got a bonnet scoop, 5" exhaust, enormous rear wing and ridiculous turbo lag, we're not impressed!

+1 for someone who idolised Porsche as a child, but now I don't see them as anything particularly special and don't aspire to own one - I'd sooner have a Nissan GT-R, ageing as it is, or a hot German.
        Get them tissues ready...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Does it look like every other 911

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

In my 20's I promised myself a Porsche by the time I was 30. When I was 30 I had a young family so it was impractical and I didn't have enough spare to get one just for fun. Then for many years I decided I didn't really like them that much, and that's basically still true, but I did like the Panamera Anyway I don't have 80k to spend on one right now, so it'll likely never happen. Another dream crushed by the harsh reality of life!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              ..Another dream crushed by marriage
              Ho hum..

Comment

Working...
              X