• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any free software for next yer MTD VAT submisson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    A mate of mine register his car in his dogs name (quite legal BTW). He did some interesting letters to private car parking firms, which showed conclusively that they don't bother reading any appeals letters ...
    Really?

Wonder how many dogs have ended up in court due to not being able to name the driver that did the speeding offence. I see a loophole. [rubs chin]
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
      FreeAgent is free if you have a NatWest account.
      really? business or personal account?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        [rubs chin]

[tickles her tummy]
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I suspect that it might be quite difficult to argue that the dog was driving but would make for a giggle at the speed awareness course.

Comment

Just had a thought. Should the OP really still be on FRS? Many of us aren't anymore. If OP is doing his own accounting and is so focussed on evasion he's missing the basics?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Just had a thought. Should the OP really still be on FRS? Many of us aren't anymore. If OP is doing his own accounting and is so focussed on evasion he's missing the basics totally effing clueless?
              Gratis.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Good job my dog is a Working English Springer Spaniel. See, the name is "working", she's not some elite breed that exists to be politicians (barking all the time) or a show dog, she's from a long line of working dogs.
                She regularly comes to the office with me (sometimes goes to my wife's office as well - might have to see about claiming mileage on that - 1 day a week means the 24 month rule becomes 10 years, eh?)
                She sits in on meetings with me, and sometimes adds more value than the other participants
                She provides a service as a receptionist - if someone comes to the door, she lets me know and welcomes them.
                She is part of health and safety - she keeps my feet warm, reminds me when I need to take a break from staring at the computer and keeps my blood pressure down.

And for all those reasons, I think it's perfectly acceptable for her to be an employee. Minimum wage, of course, and annual performance reviews. But she doesn't have any shares in the company - I'm not mad! It's also good practice to have genuine employees who get no dividends, they know their place.

<mod note>
                Please be advised that this thread has been relocated based on the OP, the subject and his choice of language.
                She'd probably make a better mod than you, to be fair...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Going to develop my own software, looks easy enough and as I do this kind of thing for a living I don't see why I should buy off the shelf dodgy software or services. The trick will be making the interface co-sec friendly. Since the beginning, a lot of years, we've been using a proper cash book to record all transactions so it'll be like moving from a typewriter to a word processor, such fun

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                    Going to develop my own software, looks easy enough and as I do this kind of thing for a living I don't see why I should buy off the shelf dodgy software or services. The trick will be making the interface co-sec friendly. Since the beginning, a lot of years, we've been using a proper cash book to record all transactions so it'll be like moving from a typewriter to a word processor, such fun
                    Will you be able to part with your abacus though?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Will you be able to part with your abacus though?
                      Oi, there's nothing wrong with using an abacus....

Comment

Working...
                      X