• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any free software for next yer MTD VAT submisson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The current bookkeeping offerings don't have a category for cash in hand to pets and don't allow deceased relatives to be entered as employees.
    If it has a VAT carousel fraud creation wizard, I'd be interested.

Comment

Quickfile

Based on google search, this one looks cheaper

Making Tax Digital - Free Accounting Software

£54/year. It does the quarterly summary too.

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
        really? business or personal account?
        RBS business banking - £5 a month and you get Freeagent included as part of the package.
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

There are likely to be a few free HMRC approved bridging solutions purely for VAT entry by April next year.

Here is one already - not tried it & can't vouch for it. Free for the first year.

tax optimiser | Free MTD - Making Tax Digital Excel Bridging VAT Returns

I suspect that these bridging solutions will only be valid for an implementation period after which end-to-end data transfer will be required direct from your accounting software.

Some more info on bridging solutions:

Where is the bridging software to plug the MTD gap? | AccountingWEB
          Last edited by sludgesurfer; 6 December 2018, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
            I can see a lot of offerings for £30+ per year.
            It is beyond me why HMRC will make the businesses pay millions per year.
            Any suggestions on free MTD VAT submitter software, for FRS VAT?
            With MTD, it is unlikely you will find a free software to make the VAT submissions since it is a new requirement and software companies are investing to develop the new connection required for the digital submission to HMRC.

If you want to continue using your spreadsheet, you may wish to pay for a bridging software. We will offer support to the few clients that we have on spreadsheets. All our other clients are already using either FreeAgent and Xero so they will be able to file MTD VAT returns without noticing any difference. It is possible that MTD is introduced for other taxes so you may wish to consider transferring to software earlier.

You may also find this link helpful with lots of information including a list with software companies offering both Excel bridging and cloud or desktop VAT return filing:

Software for MTD | Making Tax Digital | ICAEW

Comment

I use free bookeeping software which can export to an excel format. I recently registered for the MTD pilot programme and installed the free VitalTax add-on to excel.

I've just submitted my first return without a hitch.

My accountant had wanted me to transfer to Xero with associated cost increase. Whilst I'm pleased to have found a free means of complying with the new rules (which may yet be delayed), I suspect that the "bridging" method will only be an interim solution until full cloud based "digital" communication between bookeeping software and HMRCs system is mandatory.

I have no link to VitalTax and it was one of a number of free bridging solutions but so far it's worked for me.

Comment

Just had a thought. Should the OP really still be on FRS? Many of us aren't anymore. If OP is doing his own accounting and is so focussed on evasion he's missing the basics?

Interesting, but some people don't trade or make enough purchases to justify full rate. Not many accountants will advise you on how to walk right above the legal line, not many contractors would either, after all these are state kept secrets.

Some of us have no other choice but still be on FRS. Feel free to share your wisdom on why "many of us aren't". You obviously must be making enough purchases throughout the year to justify it. Anyhow, discussion for another post.

Making Tax Digital. Seriously? Not like I am using pen and paper and sending my tax return by post then sending them a cheque? The system used is DIGITAL. Surely you guys know what "DIGITAL" means?
                Digital systems are designed to store, process, and communicate information in digital form. ... A computer manipulates information in digital, or more precisely, binary form. A binary number has only two discrete values — zero or one.

Are you telling me that your Excel Spreadsheets are NOT digital? What are they made out of string cheese? Submitting your VAT via the HMRC online system is NOT digital?

Seriously? It is just another Tax imposed by HMRC, small or not, multiply that by all the companies in the UK, millions/billions of ££ going to whoever the approved software comps are.

I remember back in late 2000 when touch screen phones came out, I was speaking to someone and they told me "my new digital phone". I thought, no tulip, and what do you think the other non touch phones are??? NOT DIGITAL obviously...
                Last edited by Drei; 21 February 2019, 13:07.

Comment

You need a better understand of what digital means in the current climate grandad.

Mention any of that in an interview and they'll laugh you out the door.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You need a better understand of what digital means in the current climate grandad.

Mention any of that in an interview and they'll laugh you out the door.
                    How about you explain it to us son?

Digital is Digital, you can gold coat a piece of tulip... it is what it is. It is like trying to sell me "magic water". Still water... unless you find a new element and create a new formula. 1 and 0 buddy, are you throwing in an X there or have you invented some kind of new tech language we are not aware of?

Just because the millennials and newer gens are inventing words, it doesn't mean they hold any value. You realise "Mention any of that in an interview and they'll laugh you out the door" just means they are ALL Idiots? Wouldn't want to work for people that think they know better when they know absolutely nothing.

Sure, you can call it Automation, complete disengagement from any interaction with customers and people except via different platforms. This is why you can hardly talk to any human operators when you try to reach different companies, especially the GOV. They made it "digital". Same goes for everything on a factory belt. Cloud based infrastructure with different business intelligences apps churning your data and providing some kind of future projection. etc etc...

So yeah, I get it, a company becomes digital when it no longer wants to do any work or employ people to do the work, or interact with its customers. The less the better and more efficient they are. I become digital because I don't want to talk to you. An automated system will deal with your tulip instead.

Hey, I don't mind helping companies becomes "digital" whatever "their" understanding of the word is. For many it is simply an O365 migration and upgrade. Sorry the called it "Upgrade of the Digital Office Programme" not an O365 and Surface-Pros roll-out.
                    Last edited by Drei; 21 February 2019, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                      How about you explain it to us son?

Digital is Digital, you can gold coat a piece of tulip... it is what it is. It is like trying to sell me "magic water". Still water... unless you find a new element and create a new formula. 1 and 0 buddy, are you throwing in an X there or have you invented some kind of new tech language we are not aware of?

Just because the millennials and newer gens are inventing words, it doesn't mean they hold any value.
                      So understand it and move with it... Else you get left behind.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X