• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any free software for next yer MTD VAT submisson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So understand it and move with it... Else you get left behind.
    Again, a simple explanation from the MTD VAT would be great, if you understand it.

You still submit the exact same information, same form etc, only different is that now it gets done by a 3rd party on the back-end. Not like submitting your VAT was complicated. A 5 minute job every 3 months (including making the payment), that I bet now becomes much more than 5 minutes quarterly for small business.

I forgot to mention, provide your HMRC details and bank details to an additional 3rd party. What could possibly go wrong?
    Last edited by Drei; 21 February 2019, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
      Again, a simple explanation from the MTD VAT would be great, if you understand it.

You still submit the exact same information, same form etc, only different is that now it gets done by a 3rd party on the back-end. Not like submitting your VAT was complicated. A 5 minute job every 3 months (including making the payment), that I bet now becomes much more than 5 minutes quarterly for small business.
      Which I don't at the momebt so but having an accountant and using Freeagent I'm sure I'll be fine.

But that wasn't the point. Your literal view on digital was all I was pointing out.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Which I don't at the momebt so but having an accountant and using Freeagent I'm sure I'll be fine.

But that wasn't the point. Your literal view on digital was all I was pointing out.
        Fair enough, but bear in my mind that "my literal view" is fact. You can't change that, it is what it is. Someone else interpretation, is a completely different story. You can't just re-package something and sell it as a new thing.

Funny story, I went to an interview not so long ago at a huge Property Managing Company. After 1 hour of hearing all bout "innovation" and "innovative processes" and "innovative ways of working", I came out knowing NOTHING about the project I was supposed to manage. Every question related to the solution, the technology to be used, was met by yet more buzzwords and BS. I gave up eventually and just seemed really interested, however I couldn't wait to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
          Fair enough, but bear in my mind that "my literal view" is fact. You can't change that, it is what it is. Someone else interpretation, is a completely different story. You can't just re-package something and sell it as a new thing.
          You are so wrong there.

Comment

You are so wrong there.
            Alright, let's agree to disagree. I get what you mean, but it is interpretation. Yes, you are using a digital process to streamline your own process. I get it.
            I don't get the Let's Make THIS Digital, when THIS is already digital. You are only changing your internal process at the expense of everyone else and call it rose smell instead of flatulence garbage.

Easy example, Margaret is in charge of your invoicing. She put all data in a excel sheet, which she then send over to Mark so that he can use a word Template to generate an invoice which is then printed and saved as PDF, given to Margaret so that she can e-mail and post to client, saved in a client folder. The whole thing is more or less digital.

You are making it digital by deploying a system with a database, that generates it's own reports and invoices based on invoicing/payments dates, which are automatically sent to the client via e-mail and printed out to be posted (if required). All data is accessible at the click of a finger.

The BS is when you spend tulip loads of money to deploy a system that makes Margaret use her Spread Sheet or a nice Software with User Interface, which then requires Mark's credentials to go pull his Word Template which the system will populate but, then still have Mark save it as PDF and print it out and storing it in client folder which Margaret will have access to via the Software. Some idiocy if this kind which the Government (not excluding private sector), always ends up wasting money on, because the interpretation/vision of some idiot in charge is completely wrong.
            Last edited by Drei; 21 February 2019, 14:55.

Comment

Bet you love moving everything to the cloud then.

Comment

There is a big difference between 'Digital' and 'Digital processing'

Comment

Just to let you know that I've stopped 1st time posters from promoting any more MTD software.

We've got enough for anyone to make a decision regarding this from now on.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
                    FreeAgent is free if you have a NatWest account.
                    Also free if you have RBS.

Comment

errmm NatWest is RBS ...

Comment

Working...
                      X