• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feminatsi wants cake and then some...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they say romance is dead.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      That’s the old slippery slope scenario isn’t it “we’re dangerously close to...”

If a person says no to a sex act, that should be taken to mean no. I realise that is an anathema to some of the lotharios on here, but it’s as simple as that. Do you disagree?

We’re not dangerously close to anything that can’t be sorted with a bit of self control.
      Dear Lord... my point is consent was made the night before when they were both happy to get in bed with each other. Come the morning after you have regrets and call rape??? How about don't get drunk?

If he/she wasn't drunk or was forcefull then yes that is classed as rape.

It goes both ways. Man gets hammered and sees a stunning woman and goes and has sex. Wake up in the morning and she is a whale or 90 years old. Does he call rape? No he says sh$% I must of been hammered last night and then thinks what is the best way to get out of here. In the woman's case it's rape because he ends up not being her type or what the beer goggles made him out to be.

People need to own up to their own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Withdrawing consent after the fact because you changed your mind and regret it having consented at the time is an issue over in the US. Girls are doing it after one night stands when the guy doesn't call her back or refuses to have a relationship.

Alcohol does complicate the issue somewhat but people are starting to insist on getting evidence of consent before the act - even blockchain smart contracts apparently!

From what I've seen of actual popular opinion from rational people of both genders is that withdrawing consent after actually consenting is not something to be encouraged.
        There cannot be a legal basis for withdrawing consent after the event to the extent that this creates a condition where consent was never in place. If this is a real problem, then it must be one of people falsely claiming that they didn't consent.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          And they say romance is dead.
          Bit of a passion killer, just imagine getting down to it and whipping out a contract instead of a Johnny...

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          There cannot be a legal basis for withdrawing consent after the event to the extent that this creates a condition where consent was never in place. If this is a real problem, then it must be one of people falsely claiming that they didn't consent.
          This is becoming a real problem over in the US because it's happening. Especially for those one night stands where the guy 'ghosts' the girl the next day. Now they have consent apps

These devices ask the user to confirm they consent to sexual activity with another user by tapping or writing on the screen of their smartphone.

The number of such apps is growing, as they promise to provide a record about any agreement given for sexual activity, which goes into detail about which acts were and were not approved. This is supposedly set to be useful for disputes.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

If you can't tell, then best refrain.
            Yes, this is still obvious.

My point was that you cannot necessarily tell whether someone might consider themselves too far under the influence. Literally, you cannot tell whether you can tell. Hence the potential problem.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

totally agree that no means no, but what if at the point in time she says yes but then decides she was obviously too drunk to make the decision. I think this will lead to all manner of crap with 'I was drunk' being some silver bullet for some women to falsely accuse blokes of rape
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                "Katie says: "Someone might happily consent to having sex with you at one point and then later change their mind.

"Or might agree to one sexual act and not another.

"We have to be able to communicate with each other in order to make sure we're respecting each others wishes."

And then they say

"In the EastEnders storyline, Ruby wakes up to find someone on top of her.

"Consent is agreeing by choice and you need to be in the capacity to make that choice," says Katie.

"If someone is drunk or asleep then they can't make that choice."

Well duhhh. If your drunk your not going to be thinks straight.

EastEnders: Busting myths around sexual consent - BBC News

When you have a night out and both are drunk you cannot in the heat of moment when both are out of it come to an a sexual agreement. This woman movement is getting stupid. Surely it means the same both ways.
                Originally posted by cosmic View Post
                Dear Lord... my point is consent was made the night before when they were both happy to get in bed with each other. Come the morning after you have regrets and call rape??? How about don't get drunk?

If he/she wasn't drunk or was forcefull then yes that is classed as rape.

It goes both ways. Man gets hammered and sees a stunning woman and goes and has sex. Wake up in the morning and she is a whale or 90 years old. Does he call rape? No he says sh$% I must of been hammered last night and then thinks what is the best way to get out of here. In the woman's case it's rape because he ends up not being her type or what the beer goggles made him out to be.

People need to own up to their own actions.
                You seen to be confusing the question of whether somebody has the capacity to consent with changing their mind the next day. You also suggest that people should not get drunk and you also seem to think that it isn't rape if someone is drunk and it isn't forceful. Maybe I have misinterpreted.

Do you understand what capacity to consent means and how that can be impaired by intoxication and what the implications are?

Comment

Do you understand what capacity to consent means and how that can be impaired by intoxication and what the implications are?
                  What happens if the ability to understand consent is heavily impaired because you're both too pissed.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    What happens if the ability to understand consent is heavily impaired because you're both too pissed.
                    If you think you may rape someone when very drunk, them maybe you shouldn't get very drunk.

What if your ability to understand that you are too drunk to drive is heavily impaired because your are too drunk? See how far a temporary insanity plea will get you.

Comment

You seen to be confusing the question of whether somebody has the capacity to consent with changing their mind the next day.
                      I think he is talking about when everyone is up for it in the night and fully consenting and indeed enthusiastic but in the morning regret it and think they only did it because they were drunk and their judgement was impaired and were therefore raped.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X