• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feminatsi wants cake and then some...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I think the problem is that it seems quite reasonably while "no means no" the converse is not true, "yes does not necessarily mean yes".
    I'm not following the argument closely enough to understand in what scenario yes didn't mean consent, but reasonable belief of consent is a defence against a rape conviction, so even if yes didn't mean consent, if it can reasonably be interpreted as consent by the hearer, that's legally good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
      I'm not following the argument closely enough to understand in what scenario yes didn't mean consent, but reasonable belief of consent is a defence against a rape conviction, so even if yes didn't mean consent, if it can reasonably be interpreted as consent by the hearer, that's legally good enough.

depends who defines reasonable doesn't it?

As per the link it seems its being redefined.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...en-at-all-cost

Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          That’s the old slippery slope scenario isn’t it “we’re dangerously close to...”

If a person says no to a sex act, that should be taken to mean no. I realise that is an anathema to some of the lotharios on here, but it’s as simple as that. Do you disagree?

We’re not dangerously close to anything that can’t be sorted with a bit of self control.
          So if you have the vinegar strokes and your partner suddenly says no, what are you supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            So if you have the vinegar strokes and your partner suddenly says no, what are you supposed to do?
            Why do you think curtains were invented?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Why do you think curtains were invented?
              For ex's to sew prawns into to get revenge?

Comment

20 years ago, when newly single I never had this problem, first time sex I always let the girl 'lead'. If I felt they were unsure, I would just leave it at that. If I was fully engorged, off to the bathroom for a wank, simples. If I was pissed beyond reason then sex wouldn't be happening.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  20 years ago, when newly single I never had this problem, first time sex I always let the girl 'lead'. If I felt they were unsure, I would just leave it at that. If I was fully engorged, off to the bathroom for a wank, simples. If I was pissed beyond reason then sex wouldn't be happening.
                  So effectively what it says on Jog On's link. "An idea from one man in the business: Try not to be a jerk"
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    So effectively what it says on Jog On's link. "An idea from one man in the business: Try not to be a jerk"
                    Missed that, but yes. The other thing is I can't understand why a man would want sex with an unresponsive woman, personally its the lust in a womans eyes that floats my boat, dull and uninterested = uninterested Gibbon.

But I don't like strip clubs etc either.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                      Missed that, but yes. The other thing is I can't understand why a man would want sex with an unresponsive woman, personally its the lust in a womans eyes that floats my boat, dull and uninterested = uninterested Gibbon.

But I don't like strip clubs etc either.
                      Methinks you've been reading too much Jilly Cooper!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X