• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feminatsi wants cake and then some...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Really? You want to show the world how much of an arsehole you are with this post?
    I am commenting on a thread about how some woman wants the chance to claim rape if she feels like it.

For clarity though I do not in anyway condone anyone who uses any form of coercion to obtain anything from another human being.

But I have been drunk and slept with people I may not have chosen had I been sober - always made them a coffee before i left mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I am commenting on a thread about how some woman wants the chance to claim rape if she feels like it.

For clarity though I do not in anyway condone anyone who uses any form of coercion to obtain anything from another human being.

But I have been drunk and slept with people I may not have chosen had I been sober - always made them a coffee before i left mind you.
      Can I lend you a bigger spade?

Comment

This happens so very, very rarely that it's practically a non issue.

The Eastenders storyline is that the girl got drunk, flirted with two guys and went to bed with one of them consensually. She went to sleep/passed out and when she came to, the other was on top of her. Assuming the facts of the case as presented to the viewers are correct, then that is rape even if she was snogging him earlier in the evening.

Even if 5% of rape claims are invented, that means 95% are not. And it's the guys you're worrying about??

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Even if 5% of rape claims are invented, that means 95% are not.
          (No irony this time)

How many (date) rape victims go to the Police? (small %)

And of those that are reported to the Police, how many get the go-ahead from the CPS to charge? (small %)

And of those that go to trial, how many are convicted? (small %)

Very sadly, in the overwhelming majority of cases, there is no justice for victims.
          Last edited by stonehenge; 30 November 2018, 15:56.

Comment

Funnily enough, I have not had a long term relationship with every man I slept with, but I liked them all in some way else I wouldn’t have got where I was with them. They were funny, or nice, or had the same interests as me.

They weren’t ‘munters’ as you so charmingly put it - they were people who had pride and feelings.

So if you dumped someone who wasn’t good looking, I can only imagine that you must also have been dumped in such a fashion - I just hope she made you a coffee too.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If a woman can be too drunk to give consent, can a man be too drunk to understand whether that consent has been given?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

The Eastenders storyline is that the girl got drunk, flirted with two guys and went to bed with one of them consensually. She went to sleep/passed out and when she came to, the other was on top of her.
                Not sure why this is even up for discussion.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Oh come on. As a project manager, that's practically your job!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Technology should be able to solve this problem with an updated version of the chastity belt. A much smaller high tech device that requires one to sort a complex problem. If you're drunk you won't manage it.

More seriously if a drunken couple engage in sex willingly, why is the bloke anymore to blame than the lady?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I think the problem is that it seems quite reasonably while "no means no" the converse is not true, "yes does not necessarily mean yes".

Consent can appear to be given under the effects of a FEW drinks with both sides being similarly intoxicated and changed in the morning from the penetrated side.

This is then treated the same as someone being dragged screaming into an alley. The male's life is ruined because he has no anonymity despite the accusation appearing to have little basis or at least evidence.

I would like to see anonymity until the police can convince a judge make releasing he accused identity like obtaining a search warrant.

I would also suggest we go for a lower level offence where consent is likely to have been give under reasonable intoxication but withdrawn later say a sexual misconduct charge so we actually get some convictions in this circumstance.

Why Agreement to Sex Is Not Consent | Psychology Today

so you are reading along & nodding until you get to this:

Let’s call dishonesty or failure of disclosure aimed at increasing the chance that the impending sexual act will occur ‘sexual deceit’. Sexual deceit thus encompasses both failure to disclose information about oneself as well as lying about oneself.
                      this of course depends on the degree of deceit but you can imagine the fun the CPS will have with this.

In 2000 an Israeli man Eran Ben Avraham was convicted of fraud for pretending to be a pilot and a medical doctor in order to have sex with a woman.
                      after that it seems to start to depart from reality. This is not a women's power website its a respected medical website.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X